Principal Subcontract Specialist
The Principal Subcontract Specialist will be responsible for the overall subcontract management activities associated with multiple suppliers within the International IST. These activities would include strategic sourcing, supplier development, supplier performance management, and establishment of complex business agreements/high dollar subcontracts in support of Department of Defense, Government and International contracts.
The Principal Subcontract Specialist is responsible for providing consistent oversight and evaluation of supplier performance, including cost, schedule, quality, technical and financial performance. The Principal Subcontract Specialist will monitor the overall performance and reporting of the subcontractor’s daily activities to support the achievement of prime contract requirements and program goals; ensuring continual assessment of risks and opportunities; and supporting active management of these to achieve flawless program execution.
The ideal candidate will draw from extensive program/subcontract management experience to ensure effective subcontractor execution in alignment with program objectives.
Additional Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Required Experience, Skills & Education:
- Manage Flexibly Priced contracts in a compliant and effective manner
- Develop Import/Export plans while adhering to compliance guidelines
- Develop negotiation strategies and lead formal Negotiations
- Placement of Purchase Orders that are of Medium to High Complexity
- Maintain compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS)
- Maintain strict compliance with all export regulation.
- Develop plans to promote cost reduction initiatives and performance improvements to drive flawless supplier execution for RMS programs
- Utilize project management skills and business acumen to develop complex strategic sourcing and pricing agreements
- Manage supplier performance to cost, delivery/schedule, and quality, technical and programmatic/contractual requirements.
- Development and management of payment plans which meet compliance requirements and support program financial objectives
- Analyze quotations/proposals to perform price/cost analysis techniques
- Perform risk analysis and develop mitigation plans and develop solutions to problems utilizing ingenuity, creativity and innovation.
- Management and tracking of rework hardware to ensure compliance with temporary export requirements.
Desired Experience, Skills & Education:
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in a similar position which may include progressive work in a contract/subcontract, procurement, purchasing, supply chain or buyer/supplier related role
- Ability and willingness to travel to foreign countries.
- Ability to bridge cultural gaps to resolve issues.
- Working knowledge of (IPD) Integrated Product Development System
- Earned Value and Integrated Master Planning/Scheduling experience
- Experience working with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA)
- Experience interfacing and communicating with all levels within an organization as well as with a large external customer base
- Strong written, verbal and listening skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Operations, Business or other related field
- Experience placing subcontracts and managing contract performance, particularly with International subcontracts
- Working knowledge of Raytheon’s Supply Chain policies/procedures
- Experience with Export/Import policies and procedures (i.e licenses, DSERs/RGEMS, import plans, etc)
- Supply Chain certification (CPM, CPSM, CPIM, APICS, etc.)
- Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Operations Management or any major related to the job description
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.