Higher Apprenticeship in Project Management (Level 4) – Airborne ISR
Summary of Role
Raytheon UK is looking for an individual with the desire to learn and enthusiasm for a career in project management to join their Project Management Higher Apprenticeship Scheme in our AISR business area. This is a challenging role that will be highly rewarding and will launch your career in Project Management. The successful candidate will be assigned a permanent role and will work at our Broughton facility. However, visits to other Raytheon UK and customer sites may be required.
Our Project Management Apprentices will be trained and developed and will work alongside our Project Management professionals. As an apprentice you will be fully supported to achieve a Level 4 in Project Management which will take 24 months and includes off-site study with an accredited training provider plus onsite on the job training and development.
Our Project Management Apprenticeship Scheme includes the following training:
• Principles of project management
• Project stakeholder management
• Project communications
• Business case, project structure and progress monitoring
• Managing project scope
• Managing project schedule
• Managing project finance
• Managing project risk
• Managing project quality
• Managing project resource
• Managing project contracts
• Provide leadership and direction for own area of responsibility
• Plan, allocate and monitor work in own area of responsibility
Successful Apprentices Gain:
• Level 4, equivalent to a Foundation Degree in Project Management
As an Apprentice in Project Management you’ll will be a member of a multi-discipline programme delivery team and will play a key part in the successful delivery of our diverse range of complex programmes on-time and within budget. Our Project Management apprentices will gain experience in:
Scheduling using MS Project and project controls management.
Performing analysis such as critical path, Earned Value analysis and Schedule Risk Analysis (SRA).
Risk and Opportunity Management processes and identification
Supporting project managers with analysis of trend data to support effective decision making and the associated provision of metrics for project reviews.
Working with the customer to establish requirements.
Planning the project lifecycle.
Achieving all project goals on time, to budget and to the required quality.
Exposure to Raytheon disciplines throughout the business.
The successful applicant will follow a structured career development plan which will include on the job training, classroom and online training, delivered through our accredited training provider Llandrillo Menaior at the Rhos-on-Sea Campus.
Typical monthly activity includes: 1 day per week at college, on the job learning, independent study including online learning, reading, assignments and evidence gathering.
• 6 GCSE’s including, English and Mathematics at grade 5/C or above
• A-levels, (or equivalent) with a minimum of 120 UCAS points. At least one of these qualifications should be in a numerate subject, e.g. a STEM subject, Business Studies or Economics etc.
• A logical thinker with attention to detail, and excellent problem solving ability
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Organised, disciplined, methodical, hardworking and a team player
• A keen interest in technology
• Able to use the MS Word, Excel and Office applications
Eligible to work in the UK and be able to successfully achieve MoD security clearance
Holder of a full UK Driving Licence