Edwards Air Force Base
Job Description – Raytheon IIS is seeking a Sr. Information Systems Technologist II to provide flight test support to the Global Hawk Ground Segment equipment at Edwards AFB. Candidate will Install HW/SW, checkout and debug HW/SW, design and develop solutions to problems discovered through installation, checkout, and use or system analysis. Determine root cause, develop, design and implement solutions or coordinate with customer and plant engineers to resolve issues. Interface with customers on short-term and long-term technical, operational, mission related and deployment requirements. Develop, coordinate and implement plans to achieve customer requirements. Analyze system performance vs. technical requirements, research and make HW/SW improvement recommendations.
- 4+ years HW/SW maintenance/troubleshooting/design skills for UNIX systems.
- UNIX general system administration.
- Direct experience on SUN and/or SGI workstations (or equivalent UNIX platform), Ethernet networks (Fast/Giga), routers and switches.
- General knowledge of networking (servers/hubs/switches/routers) and TCP/IP.
- UNIX coding/debugging; experience in ATM LANs, long haul links, RF links, VOIP, and data communications.
- Experience with scripting, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Sybase and/or SQL
- Cryptos KG75/175. RF and data links. Any familiarity with the Global Hawk Ground Segment a plus.
- Experience or familiarity with HVAC, UPS systems, diesel generators a plus.
CLEARANCE: Existing SECRET CLEARANCE required.
TRAVEL: CONUS/OCONUS travel may be required.
WORKWEEK: Non-standard work week, overtime/weekends/shift work likely in support of 24x7 operations.
Required Education (including Major): BS in Engineering/IT/CS or equivalent technical field along with 6+ years of experience or 14+ years of experience in-lieu of degree.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 133463
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.