8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
CarMax Strategic Sourcing & Procurement is seeking a talented individual with a passion for supply chain management and supplier relationship management for a paid summer internship at our Home Office in Richmond, Virginia. The intern will be responsible for securing housing and daily transportation (no public transportation is available to our Home Office).
What is CarMax?
What does a Strategic Sourcing & Procurement Intern do at CarMax?
- A great place to work. We're proud to be one of FORTUNE®'s "100 Best Companies to Work For." We have a fun and casual environment with perks like an on-campus fitness center and café, and everyday casual attire.
- An industry leader with huge growth potential. CarMax has revolutionized the auto industry by making car buying easy. As the nation's largest retailer of used cars, we currently have over 200 stores in more than 95 U.S. markets, more than $15 billion in annual sales, and an overwhelmingly positive consumer response. But the biggest opportunities lie ahead: we hold only a small share of the late-model used car market, allowing room for exponential growth.
The work our interns perform is very similar to the work full-time Associates do. We are hiring an individual who is interested in hands-on learning of Supply Chain Management and Supplier Relationship Management by:
- Supporting the enablement of thousands of suppliers in our new eProcurement system. This includes data cleansing, supplier outreach with extensive communications, tracking project documents and supplier responses, coordinating deadlines with internal and external stakeholders, and developing supplier facing messages and training.
- Communicating with internal customers
- Researching documentation for supplier management team
- Conducting data analysis on supplier records
- Researching and contacting suppliers
- Present reporting during department meetings
- Assist with ad hoc projects for the department
: What are some of the characteristics of an ideal candidate?
- Drive for results with a focus on customer service to engage suppliers and enable purchasing transactions in our new eProcurement system
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated top caliber analytic and problem-solving skills
- Team oriented
- A rising junior or senior in a 4-year degree program (Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Business Administration or Accounting preferred)
- A history of achievement and aptitude demonstrated by a strong GPA, and/or other recognition such as scholarships, awards, and honor societies
Candidates must be legally authorized to work for any U.S. employer on a full-time basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application .
If you have technical problems when submitting your application, please contact us by phone (888) 922-7629 ext. 3888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.