7234 - Philadelphia - Turnersville - 620 Cross Keys Road, Sicklerville, New Jersey, 08081
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Ensure every vehicle is one our customers can rely on
Every vehicle that passes through a CarMax store is repaired and reconditioned to CarMax's high standards. Automotive Technicians use their skills to diagnose, fix and prepare vehicles for our customers. Specializing in an area such as engines, steering and suspension, heating and air conditioning or brakes, you will be part of a skilled team that brings out the best in every vehicle. And we'll help bring out the best in you too, with a clean, modern, climate-controlled environment. You will also enjoy a generous range of company benefits including paid vacation, medical and retirement plans, and vehicle purchase discounts.
What you will do - Essential responsibilities
We look after you the way you look after our cars
- Diagnose and repair vehicles to ensure customers can drive away feeling safe and at ease
- Work as part of a team to solve technical problems quickly and effectively
- Enhance your skills as an automotive mechanic across a wide range of domestic and foreign vehicles
- Follow and promote our high standards of safety, cleanliness and organization
CarMax technicians work in a fast-paced environment where motivation is key. Working together with other technicians you will solve problems, meet deadlines, and deliver great results. CarMax wants you to produce your best work, so we support our associates by providing the equipment you need to get the job done and the feedback that helps you get better every day. At CarMax, a good technician is more than a technical expert, they're a great communicator too.
Qualifications and requirements
- Experience and ASE accreditation in one or more of the following: engine repair, steering and suspension, breaks, heating and air conditioning (including refrigerants and recycling)
- Knowledge of health and safety compliance
- Manual dexterity and physical stamina, lift heavy objects, and walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills and attention to detail
- Possession of valid driver's license
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application .
If you have technical problems when submitting your application, please contact us by phone (888) 922-7629 ext. 3888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.