Cost Engineer & Affordability Analytics - Realistic Cost Estimates
Job ID: 471298BR
Date posted: Feb. 12, 2019
City: Herndon, King of Prussia, Littleton, Sunnyvale
State: California, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Virginia
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. If you have the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion to be a difference maker? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? If so, we invite to apply your expertise with us, a stellar company that will be putting astronauts on Mars, creating 3D printed satellites, launching payloads that learn in orbit, and developing national defense systems. Come, be a part of our team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. At Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach – and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our Engineering & Technology organization has an immediate opportunity for a senior career level Cost Engineering/Data Analytics professional who wants to impact our mission using data driven realism. In this role you will sit in the intersection of Engineering, Economics, Risk, Finance, and Strategy. You will analyze past data to predict future pathways and will communicate results with Engineering, internal decision makers (e.g. directors & VPs) and to customer decision makers. In a typical work day:
• You’ll apply experience in estimating, affordability, life cycle cost modeling, parametric analysis, cost risk analysis, and proposal development for total systems to design and implement a cost strategy that has significant cost and schedule savings while still delivering a quality product
• You will effectively support frequent contacts with internal personnel and outside customers and industry peers at various management levels concerning operations or scheduling of specific phases of projects or contracts
• You will conduct briefings and participate in technical meetings for internal and external representatives concerning specific operations
• You’ll ensure that projects are completed on schedule and within budget
Our employees working in this level of position typically has 14 - 20 years of professional experience.
This position can be based out of any of the following Lockheed Martin Space locations: Herndon, VA; King of Prussia, PA; Littleton, VA; or Sunnyvale, CA.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Benefits you can enjoy include:
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
• BS degree in Math, Operations Research, Engineering, or related field
• Background in Math and Statistics
• Full life cycle proposal experience
• Leading key author/contributor on a proposal document
• Track record of ensuring that projects are completed on schedule and within budget
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Must be a United States citizen
• Must have at minimum an active Top Secret clearance and ability to obtain an SCI access
• Knowledge of proposal deliverables, including Realistic Cost Estimates
• Knowledge of advanced Excel, pivot tables, data analytics
• Experience in estimating, affordability or parametric cost modeling tools, techniques, methods and processes
• Has an understanding of customer agency and mission area
• Ability to work calmly and professionally in high-demand environments
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2