Corporate Air Mechanic A&P Sr. Specialist
Job ID: 471612BR
Date posted: Feb. 12, 2019
City: Fort Worth
Description:This position will support our Dallas-Ft. Worth, Texas Corporate flight department maintenance operations and report to the Aircraft Maintenance Manager. Working in unison with the maintenance team, this Mechanic A&P Sr. Specialist position will be assigned to the flex 40 shift, responsible for supporting Monday thru Friday and weekend flight operations as required.
The Mechanic A&P Sr. Specialist is responsible for ensuring that assigned aircraft are maintained and dispatched with the safety of passengers and flight crew as the highest priority. He or she is responsible for maintaining assigned aircraft, ensuring regulatory compliance with all applicable maintenance tasks. “Ability to effectively handle complex technical challenges” Troubleshoot, repair and service aircraft and engine systems and may be responsible for aircraft inspection items. Interprets and uses various test equipment and works from wiring diagrams and maintenance manuals
Will perform inspections, preventative maintenance, servicing troubleshooting, part replacement, and repairs on Lockheed Martin Corporate Aircraft airframes, engines, auxiliary power units, avionics systems, interior equipment, and on-board cabin communications systems.
• Assist with planning and controlling assigned aircraft maintenance.
• Perform aircraft fueling/defueling, aircraft towing, preflight and post-flight inspections.
• Accomplish aircraft inspections, preventive maintenance and aircraft systems troubleshooting and replacement of parts as necessary.
• Performing maintenance on company aircraft as mission requires.
• Maintain aircraft maintenance records and logbooks, ensuring that aircraft maintenance records required by Federal Aviation regulations, Manufacturer and Company policy are accurately maintained for assigned aircraft.
• Coordination and supervision of all “non-company maintenance support”, outside vendors/technicians or approved Maintenance Organizations personnel.
• Provide recommendations for aircraft improvements, modifications, upgrades, etc.
• Proficient with the use of technology and computer skills to include business applications and Computerized Maintenance Programs.
• Monitoring the Inspection/Maintenance Program [FAR 91] for assigned aircraft in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations.
• Participate, lead, mentor and support Team members through “On-The Job Training” Program.
• Participate with annual aircraft maintenance budget preparation- recommendations to include OPEX and CAPEX. Provide recommendations for aircraft and GSE improvements/upgrades.
• Maintenance of shop and hangar tools and equipment for assigned aircraft.
• Coordinating and monitoring the shipping, receiving and core return of parts for assigned aircraft.
• Develop maintenance work scopes, obtain proposals and review invoices for accuracy.
• Hold current Federal Aviation Administration Airframe & Power-Plant Certifications.
• Federal Aviation Administration Inspectors Authorization.
• Must able to participate in a "Team Work Environment", Solid Communications and Organizational Skills essential.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts on a rotational basis, provide after-hours support, and work overtime as required.
• Domestic and International Travel may be required (Maintain Valid Passport)
• Demonstrate ability to operate various types of Ground Support Equipment to include: Aircraft Tug, Aircraft Fuel Truck, Hydraulic Mule, Power Carts, and Aerial Man-Lift.
• Some experience maintaining Aircraft Avionics Systems.
• Familiarity with IS BAO Safety Management System and willing to follow Environmental, Safety, and Health policies and procedures.
• 3 - 5 years of experience working on Gulfstream G280, G550 or G650 Aircraft.
• Gulfstream Plainview Avionics System Experience.
• Flight Safety International training on Gulfstream aircraft.
• Familiarity with Aircraft Cabin Communications Systems.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Business Unit: ESS1000 CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Technicians
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week