Logistics Engineer / Orlando, FL
Job ID: 471597BR
Date posted: Feb. 12, 2019
Program: Fixed Wing
Description:-The employee will serve as a Fixed Wing Logistic Engineer working out of Orlando FL, providing depot repair and supply support.
-Depot support duties include repair contract compliance monitoring, repair database entry and analysis, daily interaction with repair technicians, factory supervisors, external suppliers and financial analysis.
-Supply support duties include parts consumption monitoring and prediction analysis ensuring accurate
inventory levels to support repairs and expedite turnaround times.
-The employee must be able to respond to direction quickly and efficiently and work well with other team members, handle multiple tasks and provide logistical support for a multitude of different contracts.
-The employee will interact daily with members of the Lockheed Martin Fixed Wing Target Depot at Warner Robins, AFB to fulfill contractual obligations.
-The successful candidate will implement and support Lockheed Martin initiatives, programs and policies as directed.
-Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
-Orlando is a city in the Central Florida area.
-This region is a great place to live and to raise a family. Central Florida offers lots of attractive residential housing options.
-The Greater Orlando metropolitan area is the sixth largest metro area in the southeastern United States.
-The climate here is warm and sunny all year long for the most part.
-Orlando is home to the University of Central Florida (UCF), Walt Disney World, and SeaWorld.
Where can you get to from Orlando?
-Orlando is about an hour's drive from Cocoa Beach and the "space coast" to include NASA and the Kennedy Space Center.
-Tampa is about 1 and ¼ hours from Orlando.
-West Palm Beach is about 2.5 hours to the south and Jacksonville is about 2 hours to the northeast.
-Atlanta, GA is 6 hours to the northwest.
• Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a US Department of Defense Secret Clearance.
• Must have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University (preferably focused in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Economics, or Information Technology).
• Candidate must have a minimum of 2 years of professional experience.
• Familiarity with statistical analysis and modeling tools and techniques.
• Ability to review / interpret data and derive trends.
• Strong Computer Skills including MS Office.
• Problem Solving Skills.
• Solid written and oral Communication Skills.
• Self-starter able to perform tasks with minimal supervision.
• Supply Chain Management knowledge
• Previous work experience in defense or similar industry
• Supply Support / Stock Control background
• Familiar with components and / or parts management
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0385 MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Logistics
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day