F-35 Quality Assurance Inspector
Job ID: 470485BR
Date posted: Feb. 12, 2019
Description:This position is part of the team supporting F-35 aircraft maintenance at MCAS Yuma, AZ. The position is responsible for performing inspection functions to ensure compliance with applicable aircraft workbook specifications, engineering drawings/technical data, and approve or reject work accomplished by team members.
Requires experience in inspection of aircraft ground handling/servicing; component removal/replacement; scheduled and unscheduled maintenance; Time Compliance Technical Directive (TCTD) execution.
Requires experience in inspection of Aerospace Ground Equipment AGE/GSE; Hazardous Waste Management programs; Tool and FOD industry standards; equipment calibration compliance and general security procedures.
Requires the ability to evaluate process compliance, write/review Corrective Action Preventative Action (CAPA) reports, perform root cause analysis and validate quality plans, processes and responses.
Requires ability to identify and understand non-conformities as they relate to Safety-of-Flight inspections, procedural breakdowns, and program (process) audits.
Requires ability to conduct incident and/or mishap investigation audits and prepare quality documentation/reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information, and trends including failed process, recalls, corrective actions, and validations.
Must be able to work any shift as required to support customer including weekends.
Must be able to travel to support customer needs.
Must have a valid driver’s license.
Must have an Interim Secret Clearance to be considered for the position.
Must be a U.S. citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
- Have a minimum USMC Level 4 MATMEP and/or ASM rating (or equivalent experience) or USAF 7-Level skill rating.
- Have 8-10 years of recent (within the past 5 years) military aircraft maintenance experience.
- Experienced in inspection of aircraft and ground handling/servicing support equipment; component removal/replacement; scheduled and unscheduled maintenance; Time Compliance Technical Directives (TCTD) execution.
- Experience in inspection of Aerospace Ground Equipment AGE/GSE; Hazardous Waste Management programs; Tool & FOD industry standards; equipment calibration procedures; general security procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct incident and/or mishap investigation audits and prepare quality documentation/reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information, and trends including failed process, recalls, corrective actions, and validations.
- 1-2 years 5th Generation (F-35, F-22) Fighter Aircraft experience in Modification, Maintenance and/or Quality Assurance roles.
- Contractor Field Team (CFT) experience.
- Working knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Working knowledge of Action Requests (AR).
- Familiar with DCMA Instruction 8210.1C associated in aircraft ground operations and maintenance procedures.
- Familiar with Air Force Instruction (AFI) 21-101 and/or OPNAV 4790 Naval Aviation Maintenance Program (NAMP) instructions.
- Experience with USAF Maintenance Standard Evaluation Program (MSEP) and associated data base.
- Familiar with International Standards Organization (ISO) 9001:2008 & AS9100C aviation standards.
- Experience with Quality Management System (QMS) internal audit processes.
- Ability to identify and understand non-conformities as they relate to Safety-of-Flight inspections, procedural breakdowns and/or program (process) audits.
- Experience with evaluating process compliance, write/review Corrective Action Preventative Action (CAPA) reports, perform root cause analysis and validate quality processes, responses and plans.
- Possess effective communication skills for coordinating with Aircraft Managers/Supervisors, Field Service Reps, System Engineers, Maintenance Logistics Support Managers, Customer (DCMA/GCQA), COR/QAE and maintainers regarding quality issues, Instrumentation System Integration, Deficiency Analysis/Reporting, customer complaints, and other issues related to higher quality as they occur.
- Ability to read/interpret engineering drawings/instructions; system schematics/blueprints; and technical policy/maintenance instructions.
- Capable of conducting teleconference and/or briefing (presentation) to management/customer.
- Excellent organizational, administration, and computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite 2010).
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Business Unit: ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: QA/Test and Inspection
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: STANDARD-Mon-Fri/8 hours a day