Deployment Functional Manager
Job ID: 471703BR
Date posted: Feb. 12, 2019
Program: F-35 Joint Strike Fighter
Description:Do you want to be part of the team that provides training systems for the world's most advance aircraft – F-35 Joint Strike Fighter?
Do you enjoy a dynamic, fast-paced work environment, supporting international deployment of products to end users?
As a Deployment Functional Manager on the F-35 Training System, this individual will lead a diverse group of employees to deliver one of the most advanced training systems supporting both domestic and international customers.
A Deployment Functional manager has a dual role. As a manager, this individual be responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions. Emphasis is placed on coordinating and overseeing staff on international assignments. They will also have a program direct role where they will be responsible for planning, coordination, and/or product deployment to specific sites. They will be responsible for ensuring the timely deployment and retrofit of our products; ensuring the projects are completed on-plan and reviewed for overall quality and development efficiency.
Individuals considered for this position will have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Managing Domestic and International Deployment Teams
- Cost Account Management
- Planning & Development Program Execution
- Resolving technical challenges requiring integration with cross-functional teams
- Generating Basis-Of Estimates (BOEs) and providing proposal support
- Experience with customer Program Reviews and technical design reviews;
- Experience interfacing with Program leadership, customer counterparts and/or contractors
- Ability to plan strategically and translate these strategies into daily, weekly and monthly tactical actions and tasks
- Demonstrated experience in developing high performance team and leading culture change in the organization
- Demonstrated ability to develop collaborative working environment across business units and with external customers/counterparts
Individuals considered for this position may have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Current or Former Functional Management Experience
- System and Subsystem Design/Development
- System Integration & Test
- Experience with Flight Simulators, and/or Training Infrastructures
- Network and Network Interface Design & Development Experience
- Model Base Engineering Experience
- Agile Development Experience
- Flight and/or Flight Control Experience
- High level of accountability and a proven track record of meeting commitments
- Risk Management principles and Cost Savings initiatives
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Design and Verification
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)