Job ID: 471530BR
Date posted: Feb. 13, 2019
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator.
Our Strategic and Missile Defense Systems team in Huntsville, Alabama is seeking an expert Executive Assistant to support to two Directors and two Senior Managers.
In this dynamic role you will coordinate with other administrative assistants for coverage of shared responsibilities and projects and you may be asked to flex time to support executives as needed.
Some of your primary responsibilities in this role will include:
• Calendar management and maintenance.
• Account for commitments made by the manager during meetings and plan for staff implementation.
• Arrange for staff members to represent Director at conferences and meetings.
• Evaluate manager's schedule and establishes appointment priorities to include rescheduling or refusing appointments or invitations.
• Ensure that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff members as needed.
• Maintain and oversee administrative files and business continuity files.
• Answer and scree phone calls and respond to emails.
• Maintain Director’s files including telephone lists, address lists, correspondence, calendars, etc.
• Prepare documents and presentations. Perform RSVPs, and coordinate appointments for executives
• Maintain daily awareness of location/contact numbers for members of assigned Executives if offsite
• Coordinate and request graphics development, printing services and IT services
• Contribute to planning and execution of employee morale and engagement events and employee event communications
• Participate in planning community engagement / volunteer events
Visitor coordination and reception
• Help coordinate visits to the facility for people planning to visit assigned Executives, to include proficiency with Lockheed Martin visit management systems
• Ensure visitors are escorted to and from the Executive Area / meeting location
• Assist visitor with maps, directions, hotel accommodations, local amenities, and internal resources
• Provide visitors with local instructions and resource requirements.
Executive conference room calendars and meeting coordination
• Ensure Executive Conference Rooms are equipped appropriately and
properly arranged for all Director’s meetings
• Coordinate, prioritize, and maintain rooms to ensure availability for facility leadership.
• Coordinate with meeting sponsors for meals/refreshments when required
• Complete (for approval) and submit expense reports and requests for payment for refreshments/meals
• Issue meeting notices using Microsoft Outlook
Set up meetings, Skype Meetings, Conference Calls and VTCs for assigned executives in the appropriate locations and ensure they are connected prior to start time.
• Coordinate and arrange travel (in-country and overseas) using the LM travel system for reservations.
• Submit approved expense reports upon completion of travel and file documentation
• Prepare receipt packages for reconciliation of Corporate credit card account statements (if requested).
• Some travel required.
• Other duties as assigned.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Secret clearance. U.S. Citizenship required.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters
an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Medical • Dental • 401k • Paid time off • Work/life balance • Career development • Mentorship opportunities • Rewards & recognition
• Microsoft Office application proficiency to include Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally and effectively with personnel / teammates / visitors / customers at all levels.
• Experience working in a team environment, providing direct support to executive level management and other office personnel.
• US Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain and maintain Secret clearance.
• Active Secret Clearance.
• Experience with Dept of Defense customers.
• Knowledge of military protocol and etiquette.
• Creation of or familiarity with high-level executive processes.
• Must have demonstrated excellent attention to detail and quality of work.
• Be proactive and willing to assist other executives in times of absences and personnel shortages.
• Be a self-starter and recognize and take actions to run an efficient office.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to effectively adapt to emerging challenges and frequent changes.
• Experience with International travel booking.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Administrative
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2