Senior Reliability Engineer / FRACAS / FMECA / Active Secret Clearance / Orlando, FL
Job ID: 471736BR
Date posted: Feb. 12, 2019
Program: Engineering and Technology
Description:Lockheed Martin is seeking a Reliability Engineer to support one of our Strategic Weapon System programs.
Typical duties include:
• Develop reliability predictions using approved prediction methodologies for mechanical and electrical designs.
• As necessary, proposes changes in design or formulation to improve reliability design.
• Perform hardware and functional software Failure Mode and Effects, and Criticality Analysis (FMECA).
• Develop reliability program growth plans, and conduct of reliability growth analysis.
• Lead Reliability testing such as Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT), Accelerated Aging and Reliability Growth Test (RGT).
• Develop Fault Trees.
• Participate in Corrective Action Boards (CAB) and Failure Review Boards (FRB).
• Identify Failure Review and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) trends to identify and prioritize failure modes to investigate for corrective actions.
• These responsibilities include:
-Prepare FRACAS Reports.
-Perform detailed analysis and statistics of FRACAS data including top-10 and pattern failure analyses.
-Assist in root cause analyses and investigations including supplier/vendor items.
-Represent the FRACAS team in meetings and other venues.
• Recognize opportunities for improvement based on failure data and support development and implementation of system design improvements.
• Interact with engineers, subcontractors, suppliers, program managers and customers during the investigation, documentation and resolution of system failures.
• Review Engineering Change Proposals (ECP), support Concept Screening Board (CSB) and Configuration Control Board (CCB).
• Support design reviews and test activities as required.
• Support Subcontractor Management Teams as the Reliability Engineering representative responsible for review and analysis of subcontractor designs, engineering analyses and reliability predictions, test programs, manufacturing processes and performance verifications.
-Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
-Orlando is a city in the Central Florida area.
-This region is a great place to live and to raise a family.
-Central Florida offers lots of attractive residential housing options.
-The Greater Orlando metropolitan area is the sixth largest metro area in the southeastern United States.
-The climate here is warm and sunny all year long for the most part.
-Orlando is home to the University of Central Florida (UCF), Walt Disney World, and SeaWorld.
Where can you get to from Orlando?
-Orlando is about an hour's drive from Cocoa Beach and the "space coast" to include NASA and the Kennedy Space Center.
-Tampa is about 1 and ¼ hours from Orlando.
-West Palm Beach is about 2.5 hours to the south and Jacksonville is about 2 hours to the northeast.
-Atlanta, GA is 6 hours to the northwest.
• MUST be a US Citizen and posses and Active Department of Defense Secret clearance with an investigation (or re-investigation) closed within the past 6 years.
• Bachelors Degree from an accredited college (preferably in an engineering focused discipline OR equivalent experience/combined education.
• Must have at least 2 years of professional / hands--on experience
• Candidates are require to have experience with one or more of the following:
-FRACAS or FMECA experience
• Experience with performing reliability predictions.
• Experience with RELEX / RelM (or similar software tools).
• Strong Computer Skills including MS Office.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Candidate should be an analytical thinker with demonstrated ability of solving complex problems which require ingenuity and innovations.
• Candidate should be a self-starter capable of performing assigned tasks with little or no direction and interface well with other program disciplines.
• Strong electrical background with a good mechanical understanding.
• Practical hands on experience with hardware test and troubleshooting.
• System and subsystem test experience to include Test Plan development, completing HALT and accelerated aging testing.
• Experience using WQS/RELEX.
• Experience with statistical analysis, statistical process control and/or statistical software.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0385 MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Product Support
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day