The Mission Capability Verification Center’s (MCVC) mission is to plan and conduct complex integrated system field tests; provide integrated system, operational, and technical support to our customers whenever and wherever required. MCVC is searching for a qualified candidate to join the AMDC program team at White Sands Missile Range, NM to support the testing operations at various domestic locations.
In this role, the employee will perform a wide variety of tasks in support of the Data Services department. This job will require directly interfacing with internal and external customers, operating non-tactical test and data reduction equipment, and working on classified systems that support the AMDC program. This job will include coordinating with technical support staff on upgrades and changes to the information systems, and ensuring required markings of material. The employee will be responsible for coordinating and effectively organizing tasks in a closed area to ensure compliance with local, company and Defense Security Service (DSS) National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) procedures and guidelines. The employee will perform backups of mission data and run data reduction programs for engineers to perform system testing and analysis. In addition, the employee will prepare, draft, and implement work instructions and provide training to users.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a highly responsible office operations position.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to lift and carry 25+ lbs, work under pressure, meet short deadlines, work in a fast paced and dynamic test and customer environment, and support the team across disciplines.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a clearance.
- Knowledge of NISPOM security guidelines. Knowledge of UNIX and Windows environment.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, influence, be a self-starter, work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to analyze situations, take appropriate actions, and effectively communicate in writing and verbally.
- Basic knowledge of system administration, and computer skills with A+ or equivalent certification.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting techniques, networking, basic hardware repairs, and maintenance of computer equipment.
Required Education (including Major):
Associates in Business Admin, Office Admin or other relevant discipline or equivalent in education and experience.
- Flexibility to work long hours (including some weekends and holidays) and travel (20%) to domestic locations to support program requirements.
- Work outdoors under various weather conditions.
- Work in remote and hazardous locations.
- Work in vicinity of energized equipment, radar radiation hazards, and unexploded ordinance.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.