Do you want to protect our nation’s weapons systems against the cyber threat?
Would you consider yourself a “non-standard thinker” fascinated by systems and cyber security?
Do you like to dissect systems and understand how they work and go together?
If you answered yes to the above, with the ability to understand and communicate with other engineering disciplines, then Raytheon Missile Systems may have an excellent career opportunity for you at our Tucson, AZ facility. We have competitive benefits and relocation packages.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is looking for highly motivated systems engineers interested in developing Systems Security Engineering (SSE) solutions to protect the US war fighter’s technology advantage. Systems Security Engineering creates holistic security solutions leveraging Anti-Tamper (AT), Cyber, Software Assurance, and Supply Chain Risk Management to support Program Protection Implementation on embedded weapons systems.
The position requires strong systems engineering skills that will be used to develop innovative products and solutions to complex systems, including top level requirements development, requirements analysis and allocation, design, verification, integration, and production/field support. The position is in the Systems Design Center within the Systems Design & Performance (SD&P) Directorate, responsible for programs in the following product lines: Air and Missile Defense Systems, Air Warfare Systems, Land Warfare systems, and Naval and Area Mission Defense. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position requires the eligibility to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance.
Job Description and Key Responsibilities:
The Senior Systems Engineer for Systems Security Engineering provides technical expertise for the design, development, qualification, integration and fielding of Program Protection and security solutions used in military applications. The position requires a highly motivated and innovative individual familiar with developing SSE (Anti-Tamper (AT), Cyber, Software Assurance, and Supply Chain Risk Management) systems solutions to meet customer requirements, working in conjunction with new business development personnel and suppliers. Customers include USAF, USA, USN, USMC, MDA, and other USG acquisition agencies.
This technical position assesses multiple candidate security solutions for “best fit” with customer requirements, establishes detailed systems requirements and allocation of those requirements to sub-systems and engages with all engineering disciplines to determine compliance to the requirements during system development and qualification. The individual is responsible for guiding the SSE implementation during the development, integration, test, and fielding of the systems and ensuring programs are executed to meet or exceed requirements while meeting cost and performance targets. Furthermore, the individual will engage to develop and implement strategy to grow business in key areas.
Security Requirement:Must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret. Additional clearances may also be required from the DoD.Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Implement SSE solutions into Raytheon Missile Systems products
- Interact with customer to define SSE requirements, solutions, trades, costs, implementation, system impacts, and effectiveness
- Support developing plans and estimates, task execution, project tracking, reporting, and risk identification and mitigation plans. Keep senior management informed on major accomplishments, issues and concerns
- Educate Raytheon and customers alike in SSE
- Plan and guide SSE implementations in customer systems
- Consult and assist program line management with SSE architectures and issues
- Assisting programs in developing plans and executing those plans
- Developing top-level system requirements, and flowing down requirements and implementation concepts to subsystem
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Computer Science, Engineering Science, or Robotics
- Four (4) years of relevant experience in the fields of computer technology reverse engineering, AT, or Cyber
- Experience in design, development and fielding of SSE systems for military applications: “relevant experience” is knowledge of a broad array of program protection concepts, reverse engineering tools and techniques, failure analysis, and cryptography. Detailed understanding of and experience in engineering security solutions for Government customers.
- Experience in the implementation and business growth of SSE implementation with technical management experience overseeing technology throughout the entire life cycle
- Experience in solutions meeting the most robust SSE systems security requirements
- Experience leading, advising, and educating DoD customers on SSE issues
Check us out on YouTube and other media:
- Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Computer Science, Engineering Science, Business Administration, and/or Robotics
- DoD Top Secret clearance with current SSBI within last 5 years desired
- Cyber Certifications in accordance with DoDD 8570/DoDD 8140 such as CISSP, GSLC, CEH
- Program management experience with SSE
- Broad understanding of technology and working knowledge of DODI-S-5230.28
- Aircraft/weapons integration experience
- Strategic planning skills
- Proposal writing skills
- Candidate must exhibit an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact positively with coworkers, suppliers, management, and customers in a team environment
- Group management skills, leadership skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to develop and present comprehensive technical briefings.
- Experience contributing in a team environment for the purpose of developing creative solutions to technical problems
- The candidate must be able to act independently to uncover and resolve issues, and possess excellent verbal, written, and leadership skills
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.