The Whole Life Engineering (WLE) Department is made up of several disciplines whose main objective is to influence hardware and systems throughout their life cycle to ensure effective operation, reliability, maintainability and economical ownership by the customer and end user. We have an immediate need for and seeking a FSR with experience in one or more of the WLE disciplines to be a member of a team comprised of Field Service Engineers, Integrated Logistics Support and Repair Administration.
Candidate will be an integral part of the WLE team as a FSR, supporting the Next Generation Jammer Program. This position will be based in Patuxent River, Maryland with an initial 3 month training requirement in the North Texas, Ft Wayne IN, and Forest MS. area. The individual will be a member of a Field Team that will interface with product users and the flight test team for Development Test and Flight Test to provide field support for a complex electronic warfare pod system. Candidate will perform corrective and preventative maintenance, hardware and software installations, and troubleshooting on assigned system hardware, tools and support equipment. Duties consist of execution of diagnostic software and removal and replacement of Weapons Replaceable Assemblies (WRAs) and Maintenance Significant Items (MSIs). System level training will be provided and the contents of the training material will be used in conjunction with the diagnostic software to troubleshoot system problems. The individual will conduct the following tasks, as necessary:
The individual will conduct the following tasks, as necessary:
- Support field activities to ensure compliance with customer and internal requirements in concert with best engineering practices
- Participate in daily reviews with customers
- Perform administrative tasks necessary in day-to-day operation of a repair facility
- Utilize knowledge gained from the training and through field experiences to provide onsite technical support and assistance directly to customers, the flight test team, and product support team
- Communicate technical information effectively in writing as well as verbally
- Create and maintain documentation using Office products (Word and PowerPoint),
- Perform basic UNIX commands and interpret results as part of the maintenance process
First 3 months of training will be held in Dallas/McKinney, TX. / Forest, MS. / Ft Wayne IN.Required Skills:
- A minimum of 4 years of related experience
- Experience in repair and maintenance of complex electronic systems
- Experience supporting military or industry electro-mechanical products
- Ability to travel to Danger Pay posts (as defined by the US Department of State) and or other international locations if required.
- Minimum Physical Requirements: Ability to lift, bend, and move through a normal range of motion to perform maintenance actions including lifting, holding, and maneuvering items weighing in excess of 40 lbs on a routine basis
- Ability to obtain a D.O.T. fork lift license.
- Existing DoD Secret Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Desired Skills:
- Familiarity with US Military maintenance practices
- Military avionics and electronics training
- Airborne radar system experience
- Experience in system integration, logistics processes, and logistics procedures
- Ability to work independently and to deliver accurate documentation under deadline pressures
- Experience working across multiple organizational levels
- Cleaning and troubleshooting fiber optics. Ability to function well in a high pressure multi-tasking environment
- Experience navigating and executing commands within a UNIX environment
- Excellent technical writing, oral communication, and inter-personal skills to achieve technical objectives
- Familiarity with Maintenance Management Information Systems, and integrated Logistics support software system.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
BS/BA degree in STEM or related technical field. NOTE: In lieu of Bachelor's degree, candidate may also possess an Associate's degree with 8 years' related experience or High school Diploma with 12 years' of related experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.