This position is for a Sr. Systems Engineer II responsible for technical development of software and firmware requirements, architecture, design, and integration of Antenna Low Power (LP), High Power Near-Field (HPNF) and Far Field (FF) Chambers Test Systems. Candidate will function in multi-disciplined design teams across multiple projects. The position will be responsible for:
- SW & firmware requirements flow down and traceability.
- Developing Test Systems SW & firmware requirements, designs and conducting Table Top, Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR), Critical Design Reviews (CDR) and Test Readiness Reviews (TRR).
- Generating SW and firmware documentation (SRS, VDD, SDD).
- Assuring Product under test meets the design and performance requirements in accordance with the build plans, the User needs, and Customer expectations.
- Responsible for the overall product Integration, Validation, and Verification (IV&V) of the System.
The successful candidate will be a subject matter expert in SW and firmware related to Antenna test system applications from LP, HPNF and FF Chambers Test Systems who will leverage their expertise to push Raytheon test systems technology forward. Duties include, architecture and design of Test Systems SW and firmware applications, participation as a subject matter expert in design reviews across multiple programs as well as participation in proposal efforts, implementation of Raytheon product development processes and technical risk assessments, deployment and improvement of design processes, technology planning and roadmap alignment, and mentoring.Required Skills:
- Minimum 4 + year’s software architecture design/development/integration.
- Software Programming (C++, C Sharp); Process knowledge (i.e. SAS MS, IPDS, CMMI).
- Hands-on, working knowledge of Linux/Unix/Solaris OS are required for control of the test systems and sequencing of test program sets.
- User Interface development on Unix and Visual Studios.
- Proficient with drawing tools such as LabView, MatLab, OrCad, AutoCad, Mentor Graphics.
- Test Equipment interface with GPIB and Ethernet.
- Test Station Integration and Diagnostics.
- Must have existing DoD Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain Top Secret and SSBI clearance and/or a Special Access clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Tactical radar experience.
- Antenna LP and HPNF measurement test system experience.
- Flight test and Integration experience.
- Ability to understand radar modes and how they fit together with operational tactics.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related engineering degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.