NOTE: This is a temporary expected to be 6-12 months in duration, depending on business needs.
Support the Global Business Services-IT Engineering Solutions team with helpdesk support for a variety of Engineering (software, systems, electrical, mechanical) applications. This “tool generalist” position will be the front line contact with engineers across a wide range of programs and locations in Raytheon, and will handle requests ranging from installation support and license server access to tool outage diagnostics. Requests requiring additional support will be handed off to tool subject matter experts. Essential function will be the receipt, logging, assigning, and tracking of helpdesk requests from end-users on a variety of engineering design tools.
Two positions are available, and can be based in either El Segundo, CA, Richardson, TX, or Marlborough, MA.
Required Skills/Basic Qualifications:
• Minimum of 1 year engineering application help desk experience
• Work with and/or on programs performing engineering design and/or engineering design tool support (ME, EE, SWE, Lifecycle Management, etc.
• Manage queue, running, interpreting and summarizing weekly helpdesk metrics
• Good Problem solving skills and ability to solve software application problems with minimal domain knowledge
• Prior experience with help desk incident management software (ServiceNow, Remedy, etc.)
Must be able to obtain and maintain a US DoD Secret clearance (US Citizenship is required.)
Desired Skills/Preferred Qualifications:
• 2 years engineering tools support experience
• Prior experience with ServiceNow
• Strong communication, customer service and organization skills
• Knowledge of help desk processes and procedures are a plus
Active Secret clearance is preferred.
• 4 year college technical degree or equivalent work related experience. 8 years experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree is acceptable.
• Desired progress toward 2 or 4 year Engineering degree
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.