The SAS’ (Space and Airborne Systems) IT Business Integration Directorate seeks a Senior Manager to lead the Digital Solutions team. The ideal candidate will be an accomplished Digital Transformation leader proficient in Data Analytics, Cloud, AR/VR and IoT. This leader will work closely with the application architects and functional leads within IT and business functions to plan, define, build and deploy various emerging technology solutions for the organization. Additionally, this leader will be the face of the data science team for internal business partners who shall foster collaborative environment, and ideate with the business units to develop a suite of scalable advanced analytics solutions.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Further the culture of digital innovation with our business partners and within IT by delivering solutions with demonstrable value using SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) methodologies.
- Lead and develop a team of data and analytics professionals responsible for data acquisition and ownership across key business functions (Engineering, Operations and Supply Chain), along with deployment to business teams.
- Provide or facilitate provisioning of subject matter expertise in several of following analytic areas: machine learning, artificial intelligence, deep learning, recommendation engines, predictive modeling, web/app analytics, A/B testing, search algorithms, data visualization, natural language processing, and content analytics.
- Scope projects, ensure estimates, budgets and deadlines are established for milestone reporting and successful execution.
- Support the growth and development of direct reports.
- Own the IT Digital Solutions team budget, and perform accurate budgeting and forecasting across all functions.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 12+ years of experience in IT, engineering, management, and/or services management.
- 5+ years of experience in leading the development and delivery of Big Data, Data Warehousing, and Data Integration solutions with career progression into roles of increasing responsibility.
- 5+ year working with business information technologies such as Power BI, Microsoft SSRS/SSAS/SSIS suite and Tableau.
- 3+ years of experience in team management and leadership.
- The ability to clearly explain and discuss complex systems and analytical solutions within multiple levels of the organization (technical and non-technical) adapting to the audience.
- Excellent internal partner (including Executive level) and experience with external vendor management skills.
- Experience building service-oriented architectures and proficiency with distributed systems built on the cloud (AWS, Azure and Private Cloud).
- Knowledge and understanding of existing, new and emerging information technologies, and high scale data processing environments.
- Basic financial management knowledge
- Understanding of the business functions, processes, and overall business strategies
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience in Aerospace/Defense Industry.
- Experience working in a cross functional and matrixed organization to build consensus and drive strategy and standards.
- Experience is leading and growing teams including hiring of key talent, managing performance goals, employee appraisals, career development and mentoring.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a STEM-related field and 12 years of relevant experience.Desired Education:
Master’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, Business or related field and 10 years of relevant experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.