Cybersecurity is something Raytheon takes very seriously and so do our customers, from global governments to Fortune 500 companies. That’s why they trust us to deliver the end-to-end offensive and/or defensive solutions that successfully protect them from a wide range of internal and external threats including breach, fraud, theft and sabotage.
This career opportunity is for the Senior Information System Security Officer (ISSO) position supporting the ROTHR program at the NSA Hampton Roads Northwest Annex in Chesapeake, VA. The Senior ISSO leads the ROTHR Cybersecurity program as stipulated by various USG requirements documents including (but not limited to): the NISPOM (DoD 5220.22-M), applicable Navy publications (SECNAV/OPNAV/NAVCOM instructions) and other DoD publications and directives (DISA STIGs, DD254, SCGs, CND Directives, OPORDS, etc.).
The selected candidate will execute all aspects of the Cybersecurity program to include (but not limited to):
- Development of Assessment and Authorization (A&A) artifacts (SSP, SCTM, SSP attachments, POA&M, testing documentation, Policies and Procedures, etc.) for contractor-operated information systems
- Sustainment activities (hardware change management, software change management, account management, media protection, user interface, file transfers, vulnerability scanning and remediation, audit reviews, etc.) for contractor-operated information systems
- Information System Self-Inspection, Auditing, and Continuous Monitoring (CONMON)
- Interfacing with Internal/External Customers: DoD Customers, Program Managers/Directors, IT, etc.
- Cybersecurity Training and Awareness
- Incident response planning, investigation, and resolution
- Development, maintenance, and execution of effective, well written, and customer-compliant Cybersecurity policies and procedures
- Lead and supervise other novice and intermediate cybersecurity staff (training/coaching, performance development, etc.)
The ideal candidate possesses strong written and oral communications skills, technical knowledge, exemplary customer service skills, strong time management skills, the ability to creatively find solutions to complex challenges, and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced environment.Required Skills:
- Requires a related university degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- US Citizen with an active DoD Secret security clearance
- At least 6 years of experience in Information Systems Security/Information Assurance, Security Engineering, or IT Systems Administration
- Familiarity with the development of System Security Plans (SSPs) and/or supporting (A&A) documentation
- Experience supporting various computer hardware platforms and multiple operating systems, particularly LAN/WAN configurations
- Working knowledge of operating systems security features and settings (e.g. Windows, UNIX, and Linux)
- Professional demeanor, good interpersonal skills, and ability to excel in a high-paced multi-tasked environment
- Able to work individually, as well as part of a team (both leader and follower)
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, etc.)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written modes, and be able to author and present subject specific presentations (briefings)
- Must have the ability to effectively manage one's time and be able to prioritize assigned tasks
- Willing and able to travel to other ROTHR locations as required
- Maintain an IAM Level I DoD 8570.1M-compliant Professional Certification (Security+CE, GSLC, CAP, etc.)
Required Education:Requires a related university degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience.This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Prior ISSO/Information Assurance Officer (IAO) or alternate ISSO/IAO experience
- System vulnerability management experience to include working knowledge of SCAP, ACAS/Nessus, and DISA STIGs
- Experience with preparing for CCRI and other US Navy inspections
- NIPRNet/SIPRNet enclave Cybersecurity experience
- Thorough knowledge of NIST Special Publications 800-series, CNSS policies and instructions, and other requirements documents associated with the DoD Risk Management Framework (i.e., DoD Instruction 8500.01, SECNAV 5239.3c, SECNAV M-5239.1, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Wide-Area and Local Area Networks (WAN/LAN), to include Cisco-based routers, switches, and firewalls
- Experience using SPLUNK as an audit collection and reduction tool
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.