Quality Engineer (Contingent Hire)
Quality Engineer (Contingent Hire)
This is a full time quality engineering role contingent upon contract award . In this position, you will serve as the engineer for AS9102 First-Article Inspections (FAIs). You will manage assign, track, and manage assignments for a Honeywell Clearwater. You will be required to work directly with the customer and KBR to meet quality standards and schedule expectations.
- Reviews and conducts First Article Inspections (FAIs).
- Provide onsite and remote support at Customer/Supplier sites.
- Assign, track, and manage First-Article Inspection assignments of the KBR team.
- Coordinate with customers to determine schedule, requirements, and specific needs for projects and inspections.
- Ability to use AS9102 FAI generating software
- Provide estimates, quotes, and feedback to customers during the proposal process.
- Conducts tests, inspections, audits and validations to ensure process compliance with contract, KBR and customer requirements and specifications for design, engineering, products, equipment, maintenance and services.
- Conducts source inspections, evaluations and/or surveillance of vendors, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Knowledge and ability to use inspection tools, measuring and test equipment.
- Conducts sampling inspections in accordance with approved plans and procedures.
- Supports and actively participates in root-cause-analysis.
- Conducts follow-up audits to review the effectiveness of implemented corrective actions.
- Collects and uses statistical data for the monitoring and evaluation of trends.
- Maintain and update QMS documents and quality contents as needed.
- Provides training and tutoring to other engineering personnel , suppliers, and contract personnel in First-Article Inspection, Six Sigma techniques, Manufacturing Process Control, variation reduction, etc.
- Provide technical leadership to coordinate implementation of advanced quality processes including statistically based variation reduction, control planning, mistake proofing, and Manufacturing Process Control
- Prepare and present metrics associated with quality trends and related improvements within the customer base. Prepare progress reports, program reviews as needed, to assure the highest quality and cost effectiveness.
- Provides activity and status reports to management.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Self?motivated and able to get results with minimal supervision and oversight
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to work on multiple projects in parallel.
- Hands?on experience with quality assurance processes including, but not limited to, inspection of hardware and paperwork, First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR), product and process audits, FAA audits, direct ship audits, and special process audits
- Fostering Teamwork & Diversity: high level of interpersonal skills is required to handle difficult situations as well as to diffuse interpersonal conflict effectively
- US citizen or US permanent resident required due to government contracts
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, materials, supply chain, management, business or technical discipline. In lieu of Bachelor’s degree, at least 13 years of related technical or business experience.
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing/assembly operations, quality, engineering (design or manufacturing), and materials/procurement; preferably in aerospace electronics; these areas may be replaced by related military experience.
- Demonstrated self-starter & the ability to perform with minimal supervision
- Experience in leading teams focused on problem solving and improvements
- Good communication skills both written and oral with the ability to provide a clear vision of the strategy and processes for key stakeholders
- High level of analytical ability to identify and evaluate appropriate courses of action for definition and resolution of complex problems.
- Ability to assess and analyze risk on a day to day basis.
Additional Qualifications :
- 3 years of proven track record of working closely with suppliers preferred.
- Certified Green Belt or equivalent; Lean Expert or Black Belt preferred
- Experience with Automotive or Aerospace products preferred
- Additional experience or training in RCCA, Process Mapping, FMEAs and Control Plans or APQP/PPAP preferred
- Experience using Six Sigma Plus tools preferred.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job: Procurement & Materials
Primary Location: US-US-FL-Clearwater
Req ID: 1079063