DTFM Computer Operator Job Description:
Looking for a candidate already living in Germany.
The Computer Operator I works under close personal supervision and is provided detailed written or oral guidance before and during assignments. As instructed, this worker resolves common operating problems and may serve as an assistant operator working under close supervision or performing a portion of a more senior operator’s work.
• It is preferable that the successful candidate have general knowledge of software applications, operating IT equipment experience, workstation set-up, and have familiarity with networked systems.
• It is also preferred that the successful candidate have customer service experience including resolving issues related to desktop IT resources.
• Work may not occur consecutively during the day, and the work hours may vary from day-to-day.
• In addition, work may be required on weekends or nights.
• The successful candidate shall complete a NACI personnel security investigation resulting in a favorable review.
• This position is subject to the Department of Labor wage rate minimum requirements for the area in which the work will take place.
• This position reports to the DTFM Program Manager
DTFM is responsible for:
• Maintaining and operating the Digital Training Facility.
• Ensure the facility is available for all scheduled and non-scheduled training.
• Validate that DLS equipment is installed and functioning properly to support needed training.
• Ensure that workstations are available for scheduled learners and that workstations are loaded with appropriate courseware.
• Report system, software or equipment failures to EMC helpdesk. Assist and respond to EMC technicians to resolve issues with systems, software or equipment.
• Market DLS training and system capabilities to on-post organizations to facilitate increased utilization.
This position is ON CALL only for as needed support.
Qualifications TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: AA Degree in related discipline; Or, High School and up to two (2) years of related experience with certification.
Must have SOFA status already, logistical support not available through this contract.