Cushman & Wakefield (http://www.cushmanwakefield.com/en/careers)
Job Description Summary
Under the supervision of the Security Director, provide for the safety and protection of the building and premises by controlling access points, patrolling the site, monitoring activities, and otherwise proactively preventing theft, illegal or unauthorized entry, vandalism, and violence.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for patrolling the interior and exterior premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates
• Answer alarms and investigate disturbances
• Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain the security of the premises using the on-site system, data base and procedures
• Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences
• Immediately notify the Security Director in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons and immediately report same to local Police and Fire departments
• Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property
• Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed
• Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary and as instructed by the Director and pursuant to building policy
• May be required to operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas
• Inspect and adjust security and life safety systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering
• Monitor and adjust controls that regulate building systems, such as air conditioning, furnace, or boiler
• While on post, be an ambassador for the property owner for visitors.
• Assist with severe weather activities and ensure “Wet Floor’ signs are posted and notify Housekeeping if wet floors need addressed.
1. Customer Focus
2. Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• A minimum of 2 years of prior security experience is required, preferably in a commercial or industrial setting.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
• CPR Certified
• Knowledge of Security State and Federal Laws and Regulations
• Ability to maintain applicable licensing requirements
• Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and independently
• Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Must exercise a high degree of integrity and demonstrate a strong code of ethics
• Must be able to speak and read English
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may need to travel from floor to floor, climb stairs, and may be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions. The employee may also be regularly required to remain in a stationary position (sit or stand) for 85% of the time; regularly use hands to operate office machinery and regularly required to walk, talk, and hear.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Note: This job description includes the core responsibilities for C&W. These duties may have slight modifications based on the regional location.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.