Raytheon BBN Technologies is seeking a rising junior or senior high school intern for the spring and/or summer semesters and possibly beyond in our Cambridge, MA office to support IT staff in administration and maintenance of IT equipment. BBN offers an exciting and collaborative work environment. If you enjoy working in a culture that emphasizes innovation, teamwork, and technical excellence in a collegial work environment that values creativity and initiative, we'd like to hear from you.
• Fulfill end user requests for service, which includes, troubleshooting, implementation, and documenting.
• Support laptops, desktops, and servers running Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux operating systems.
• Maintain open communication and positive working relationships with all staff.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Familiarity with administration of Windows 7 and 10 operating systems
• Experience with PC hardware repair of laptops, desktops, and servers
• Studying Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, or related fields with plans to continue higher education in these fields.
• Familiarity with additional operating systems (i.e. Mac OS X, Ubuntu, CentOS)
• Familiarity with basic IT infrastructure services, security, and protocols
This position requires either (1) US citizenship, (2) Permanent Residency, or (3) other suitable documentation to permit hiring if you are not a US citizen or Permanent Resident.
Business Unit Profile:
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 136092
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.