Cybersecurity is something Raytheon takes very seriously and so do our customers, from global governments to Fortune 500 companies. That’s why they trust us to deliver the end-to-end offensive and/or defensive solutions that successfully protect them from a wide range of internal and external threats including breach, fraud, theft and sabotage.
This career opportunity is for an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) position at our Dulles, VA facility. The ISSO supports daily cybersecurity operations and successful execution of the Cybersecurity program and assets under their purview. Under the direction of the Dulles DoD Information System Security Manager (ISSM), the ISSO is expected to execute security requirements to include those outlined within the National Industrial Security Program Operations Manual (NISPOM) in alignment with Defense Security Services (DSS) oversight. Requirements include (but are not limited to) those outlined within the DSS Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM) and NIST Special Publications 800-37 and 800-53. The candidate should have a basic understanding of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Continuous Monitoring (CONMON) processes. Some key activities of the ISSO include:
- Supporting the development of Assessment and Authorization (A&A) artifacts (SSP, SCTM, SSP attachments, POA&M, testing documentation, Policies and Procedures, etc.)
- Participating in cybersecurity sustainment activities (hardware change management, software change management, account management, media protection, user interface, file transfers, vulnerability scanning and remediation, audit reviews, etc.)
- Conducting Information System Self-Inspection, Auditing, and CONMON activities
- Interfacing with Internal/External Customers: ISSM, DSS, Customers, Program Managers/Directors, IT, etc.
- Assisting with Cybersecurity Training and Awareness and Incident Response
- Provide feedback to ISSM on Cybersecurity policies and procedures
The ideal candidate possesses strong written and oral communications skills, technical knowledge, exemplary customer service skills, strong time management skills, the ability to creatively find solutions to complex challenges, and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced environment.Required Skills:
- Requires a related university degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience.
- US Citizen with an active DoD Secret security clearance
- Familiarity with the development of SSPs and/or supporting A&A documentation
- Experience supporting various computer hardware platforms and multiple operating systems, including stand-alone and LAN/WAN configurations
- Working knowledge of operating systems security features and settings (e.g. Windows, UNIX, and Linux)
- Professional demeanor, good interpersonal skills, and ability to excel in a high-paced multi-tasked environment
- Able to work individually, as well as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, etc.) Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written modes, and be able to author and present subject specific presentations (briefings)
- Must have the ability to effectively manage one's time and be able to prioritize assigned tasks
- Willing and able to travel to other locations as required
- Maintain an IAT Level II DoD 8570.1M-compliant Professional Certification (Security+CE, GSEC, etc.)
Required Education:Requires a related university degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience
- Prior ISSO/Information Assurance Officer (IAO) or alternate ISSO/IAO experience
- System vulnerability management experience to include working knowledge of SCAP, ACAS/Nessus, and DISA STIGs
- Experience using SPLUNK as an audit collection and reduction tool
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.