I. PURPOSE/FUNCTION (JOB SUMMARY)
This position provides support to the Human Health and Performance (HH&P) Directorate at NASA/JSC, specifically in support of the Innovation program and NASA Flight Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC). The position provides project and administrative coordination to help facilitate the review and disposition of research protocols involving animals. This includes facilitating the research review, approval process, handling issues or complaints, and insuring compliance with policies. In addition, this position will assist in leading and coordinating our innovation projects.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental plan; must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the Company’s safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel
- Responsible for compliance with the Quality Assurance Plan, policies and procedures
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance level as determined by the Company
- Responsible for completing all assigned training
- Assist in standing up the flight IACUC office and bioethics committee
- Participate in developing, recommending and implementing policies and procedures to assure adequate animal protections, compliance with applicable regulations and guidelines.
- Assist in applying regulations, institutional policies, and guidelines to protect animal welfare and ensure institutional compliance
- Conduct literature searches and reviews as required and assist in the development of policies and procedures
- Organize and facilitate IACUC meetings including chair cliff notes and meeting meetings
- Consult with researchers prior to, during and after protocol submission to establish conformance with ethical and procedural standards
- Assist in formulating the bioethics review board including coordinating meetings and travel.
- Facilitate innovation meetings and training, including Breaking Frames and Explorer network
- Provide ideas and project management for innovation activities on HHPC.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field
At least 5 years Project management and/or coordination experience
Experience in drafting policy and procedures
Experience in organizing and facilitating events including travel
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrate the ability to think and act independently
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job: Technical Support
Primary Location: US-US-TX-Houston
Req ID: 1079303