EOS FOT Planning and Scheduling Analyst
This position will support the Ground Systems and Mission Operations (GSMO) contract at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center as a Planning and Scheduling Analyst for the Earth Observing System (EOS) Flight Operations Team (FOT). The EOS FOT Planning and Scheduling Specialist will:
- Report to the EOS FOT Lead Operations Manager on all matters related to EOS mission operations.
- Represent EOS Flight Operations Team at technical meetings as required by the EOS FOT Manager. This may include a variety of Working Group Meetings, Near Earth Network (NEN) Meetings, Command Authorization Meetings (CAMs), and Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings.
- Become the Subject Matter Expert for the Mission Management System (MMS)
- Respond to, identify and investigate issues pertaining to EOS Operations (including GN and SN Scheduling)
- Support FOT in nominal, critical, and contingency operations.
- Maintain SOPs, the training program and other operational tools, processes, and artifacts required for the on-going success of EOS.
- Train other EOS planning and scheduling (PAS) team members
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Support daily SN/USN scheduling to meet EOS science data latency requirements
- Build daily command loads for uplink to the EOS spacecraft (Aqua/Aura/Terra)
- Build loads for critical Yaw and Delta V maneuvers, and instrument commanding
- Perform day-to-day maintenance of the MMS
- Learn the Management System software to be able to make changes as needed
- Write DRs and Enhancements on the MMS software as needed
- Support testing of new Mission Management Software
- Support planning and scheduling needs for each EOS spacecraft
- Plan/Scheduling Analyst: BA/BS degree in computer science, mathematics or related field with no experience. In lieu of formal education, 8 years of related experience. Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
- Plan/Scheduling Experienced: BA/BS degree in computer science, mathematics or related field with 3 years of experience. In lieu of formal education, 11 years of related experience. Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Perl programming
- Knowledge of the SN and USN, and familiarity NEN and White Sands Scheduling
- Prior MMS or planning/scheduling Flight Operations Team engineering experience
- Knowledge of the EOS Spacecraft
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job: Engineering Operations
Primary Location: US-US-MD-Greenbelt
Req ID: 1079260