Strength and Conditioning Specialist (Kirtland AFB, NM)
The Strength and Conditioning Specialist will establish and administer effective strength and conditioning protocols designed to maximize the physical performance of SOF personnel, with the priority on SOF Operators and Direct Combat Support personnel.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, administer, evaluate, and document the effects of physical training protocols under the supervision of the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
- Coordinate training programs with the HP staff to ensure a safe and expeditious return to training of SOF personnel recovering from injury.
- Design and implement physical training programs for personnel who are TDY/TAD or deployed under the supervision of the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
- Demonstrate and provide instruction and guidance on physical training, exercises, movements, and injury avoidance.
- Refer all personnel with an apparent new or undiagnosed medical condition to a medical provider for evaluation and treatment.
- Assist the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator in developing facility standard operating procedures, guidelines, and training protocols including the safe use of strength and conditioning equipment.
- Participate in periodic meetings to review and evaluate physical training programs and identify opportunities for improvement. If a meeting occurs outside of regular working hours, the SCS is responsible for reviewing the information disseminated in meetings.
- Participate in periodic in-service training for members of the HP staff and/or POTFF staff as appropriate.
- Attend required training in accordance with guiding instructions. Commands will allow attendance at the necessary conferences or courses to complete the continuing education units required to maintain professional certifications.
- Perform administrative duties such as maintaining records of utilization, workload, conducting or participating in education programs, and participating in clinical staff quality assurance functions.
- Develop and promulgate training materials as requested and required by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
- Assist with supply inventories and provide input regarding supply needs for the HP program.
- Literately utilize computers, software, and technologies as required and requested by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator and required by USSOCOM HQ and its POTFF staff.
Bachelor’s Degree in an accredited exercise science, health science, or physical education-related discipline.
- Possess and maintain current certification by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) or the Strength & Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC) through the Collegiate Strength & Conditioning Coaches association (CSCCa). Maintenance of one of these certifications shall be an enduring element of the requirement.
- Minimum of 5 years or more of demonstrable accumulated experience (continuous and sustained experience preferred) of developing long and short-range planning and coordination of sport/mission specific performance programs resulting in attributable results with individual athletes and groups of athletes at the levels of NCAA Division I, Olympic, professional, and/or SOF Operators in the accompanying, respective settings.
Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Current certification in basic Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to include Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training.
- Physical proficiency to demonstrate all prescribed exercises / techniques and to hike over rough terrain and function in austere environments.
- Must be able to lift and manipulate loads and weights up to 25 kilograms.
Desired Education, Experience, Skills or Training:
- Prior military and/or SOF experience.
- Master's degree in an accredited exercise science, health science, or physical education-related discipline.
Standard Company Requirements:
Position requires U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status.
Perform other assignments and duties, as required.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job: Human Factors
Primary Location: US-US-NM-Albuquerque
Req ID: 1079384