Program Planner Senior (early to mid-career)
Job ID: 474088BR
Date posted: Mar. 16, 2019
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you passionate about being a difference maker? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? If so, we invite to apply your expertise with us, a stellar company that will be putting astronauts on Mars, creating 3D printed satellites, launching payloads that learn in orbit, and developing national defense systems. Come, be a part of our team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach – and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our facility in Huntsville, AL has an immediate opportunity for an early to mid-career Program Planning professional be part of our mission supporting the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense Program (THAAD). In this role you will support the execution and proposal efforts of the THAAD Advanced Capabilities Development, Foreign Military Sales, Interwork Transfer Agreements (IWTAs), and other Strategic Missile Defense (SMD) programs as required. You will interface with Missiles Fire Control (MFC) Program Planning Leadership, Engineering, Business Operations, and Program Management and will brief senior management and the customer as required. Additionally, you will develop a compliant Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) which will reflect accurate and detailed contractual scope and resources to execute the program. Other responsibilities will include:
1) Support development and maintenance the program Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) including ensuring integration between the IMS and the Integrated Master Plan (IMP)
2) Maintain schedule integration between the IMS and the Component Level Summary Schedule and supplemental schedules
3) Perform critical path and schedule risk analyses as required
4) Provide planning support to CAMs as part of monthly F&BO earned value management rhythms. Ensure EVMS/IMS Integration
5) Perform schedule integrity checks as required
6) Generate and deliver IMS reports and metrics as required
7) Present schedule related information to internal customer
8) Ensure compliance with LM Corporate Program Performance Management and Program Planning policies and practices
9) Provide consistent interface to MFC Program Planning leadership team
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Benefits you can enjoy include:
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• 4 to 6 years of professional experience
• Working knowledge of Real Time Projects or a comparable scheduling tool
• Ability to perform typical schedule integrity checks and critical path analysis
• Experience working new contractual awards as a program planner
• Must be a United States citizen and be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
• Bachelors or Masters degree with 4-6 years of program planning experience
• Experience working in Real Time Projects and Microsoft Project Server
• Familiarity with Space/MFC Operations and SMD Line of Business
• Familiarity with THAAD program scope and business rhythms
• Prior Earned Value Management experience
• Knowledge of Corporate PPMP requirements document and SSC PPM-IP document
• Experience Working with resource loaded schedules
• Providing direct program planning expertise across program components
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective internal relationships
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Program Planning
Clearance Level: Secret
Type: Task Order/IDIQ
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2