High-Performance Computing (HPC) Administrator
Job ID: 475951BR
Date posted: Mar. 15, 2019
Description:Candidate will work on both cross-product and cross-program initiatives, working closely with the Engineering and Technology team to define program (HPC) computing and simulation requirements. Candidate will define and forecast demand, manage existing resources and equipment, and deploy new technologies. As an IT professional in this role you will manage, coordinate, install, debug and refresh HPC computing infrastructure equipment. This will include high speed network fabrics, high availability storage (SAN), and GP-GPU computing assets. The candidate will also maintain and support operating systems software and various engineering development and simulation applications tools. The successful candidate will also have responsibilities that extend to maintaining and monitoring the computing infrastructure as well as the physical infrastructure elements such as power, temperature, and chilled water conditions to ensure optimal environmental conditions are maintained. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to drive adoption of next-generation architectures, expand HPC skillset on-the-job, and develop parallel software. Responsibilities will also include the support for and development of the RMS and LM Enterprise strategy.
• OS Maintenance (patching, upgrades)
• Batch job queue management
• Environment health and usage monitoring
• HW replacement and troubleshooting (Node, switch, cable, etc.)
• User access and security (RBAC and permissions)
• Cluster software and image management
• Capacity and new system planning
• Virtual support at multiple sites
• Batch job performance analysis/troubleshooting
• User training and coaching
• Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) in Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering or MIS related field
• 5+ years Linux administration experience
• Shell scripting (any of bash, tcsh, ksh, zsh, or fish)
• Networking (SSH, SFTP, TCP/IP configuration, firewall)
• Demonstrated ability to perform system/component level troubleshooting, backups/recovery, user account management/administration as well as system/component level performance tuning
• Virtualization platforms and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure technologies leveraging products such as VMware
• Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
• Master's degree (MS/MA) in Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering or MIS related field.
• Linux Certified Administrator (LFCS) or Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
• Experience with HPC interconnects
• Experience with parallel file systems (GPFS, Lustre, Panasas)
• Experience with cluster initial setup
• Experience with MPI and OpenMP
• Training in government data protection regulations (NIST 800-171, ICD-503, etc.)
• Datacenter planning
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS2100 ENTERPRISE BUSINESS SERVICES
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Information Technology
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day