Facilities Engineer (mid-career)
Job ID: 475025BR
Date posted: Mar. 16, 2019
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you.
Virtually every Lockheed Martin Space mission success starts with a strong foundation of facility infrastructure design, which is built and operated risk free in support of business needs without interruption. As a Facilities Engineer at Lockheed Martin Space, you’ll have the opportunity to use your education and experience to take on formidable challenges and become an integral part of our team as we build new, and maintain current, state of the art engineering facilities. You’ll use innovative approaches that help insure reliability of mechanical infrastructure that produces cutting edge space systems and analyzes trends while managing operational efficiencies.
Our facility in Littleton, CO has an immediate opportunity for a mid-career level Facilities Engineer who wants to be part of our mission. We seek an Energy or Mechanical Engineer with knowledge of energy efficiency technology implementation and calculation of energy savings. These technologies can include lighting, building controls, HVAC, and central plant equipment. To be successful you will need to be detail-oriented, have strong analytical skills, and the capacity to handle multiple projects and roles. Additionally, this position requires acquiring and maintaining a TS/SCI security Clearance.
In this role your responsibilities will include:
• Supporting the delivery of a large energy efficiency program
• Performing energy analysis of facility energy efficiency measure calculations using standard or predefined energy analysis tools and methodology
• Utility usage tracking, reporting, and forecasting
• Technical evaluation of third-party energy audits and energy efficiency technology studies
• Conducting walk through inspections of facilities validate energy efficiency measures
• Performing Project Management on energy reduction projects
• Performing QA/QC activities, including conducting pre- and post-installation energy efficiency project inspections
• Determining cost-effectiveness of identified energy efficiency measures and eligibility for financial incentives based on regulatory requirements
• Identifying energy efficiency technologies and energy savings studies/financial analysis to support development of prescriptive measures
• Development of site energy reduction plan
• Project coordination duties to include financial and savings forecasting assistance, work flow management, status reporting, database and project file maintenance.
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Benefits you can enjoy include:
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Engineering education and background
• 5-7 years of Facilities experience
• Energy efficiency experience
• Microsoft Office applications experience for analysis, documentation, and presentation
• Ability to read/interpret engineering drawings
• Must be a United States citizen and be able to obtain a TS/SCI w/ poly clearance
• Bachelors degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred
• Active TS/SCI clearance
• Ability to collaborate closely with diverse set of stakeholders
• Energy calculation tool experience
• Certified Energy Auditor (CEA) or Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certifications, Energy Manager in Training (EMIT)
• Project Management Experience
• Power Systems analysis and reliability experience
• Cause and Effect Root Cause Analysis
• Ability to develop Statement of Work (SOW)
• Knowledge of relevant building and construction codes/Standards
• System life-cycle analysis experience
• Perform written technical analysis and risk mitigation documentation
• Process and detail oriented individual
• Ability to work effectively and professionally with other business functions
• Effective communication skill set
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Facilities
Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2