Subcontracts Associate Manager
Job ID: 475114BR
Date posted: Mar. 15, 2019
City: Centennial, Titusville
State: Colorado, Florida
Description:Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company in Titusville, FL?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. If you are seeking a career that has tremendous impact beyond any one individual come and be a part of the Fleet Ballistic Missile program. We are helping the Navy’s mission to provide affordable and credible strategic deterrence. We offer unique career opportunities and challenges on a program with a rich history and exciting future. We help keep this nation and our allies secure.
This position is in support of the Fleet Ballistic Missile Program as the Subcontracts Associate Manager and will be responsible for leading a team of subcontracts administrators. The FBM program is highly dynamic and is experiencing unprecedented growth. With an established and ever-growing supply based around the world, Supply Chain professionals will work with the some of the leading suppliers in the Aerospace industry to handle cost, schedule, technical and quality in order to achieve precise product deliveries.
Interested in joining us as a Subcontracts Associate Manager? If so, you will be responsible for leading a motivated team with experienced and new professionals and ensuring career development and coaching of team members.
IN THIS ROLE:
• You will be accountable for variety of metrics and developing presentation materials for program functional meetings and reviews
• You will be responsible for leading the team to develop solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of innovation and follow through
• You will work with program management and other areas of the business for timely conclusion of subcontract matters and resolution of issues
• Your work is performed without appreciable direction and the effects of decisions are long-lasting and heavily influence the future course of the organization
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• You will lead subcontracts team members in executing the D5LE2 program in accordance with LMAP, FAR and DFAR as well as the Subcontract Management Plan
• You will effectively communicate with Program Management and suppliers of changes and performance drivers
• You will manage the supply base to enable program execution and ensure timely communication and identify solutions of issues
• You will negotiate subcontracts to closure in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR/DFAR) guidelines, and Lockheed Martin Acquisition Policy (LMAP)
• You will lead and support program execution, baseline management processes and recurring reporting of supplier performance, both internal and external
• You will support prime proposal submittal by obtaining, analyzing and negotiating all non-labor
• You will provide support for the prime proposal by submitting subcontracts labor BOE and support all fact finding and prime negotiations
• You will monitor and analyze supplier health through supplier management metrics.
• You will ensure supplier adherence to FBM cyber security policies
• You will staff, manage, and train subcontracts professionals
• Travel as necessary
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business-related field or equivalent experience/combined education
• Minimum 5 years experience in subcontracts, contracts, or related experience in positions of increasing responsibility including supervisory experience.
• Shown leadership in managing/leading, motivating and mentoring a diverse team of subcontracts professionals be able to train others and develop employees into leaders.
• Proficient in Truth and Negotiations Act (TINA), Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR/DFAR) guidelines, and Lockheed Martin Acquisition Policy (LMAP).
• Ability to obtain a Secret clearance, thus US Citizenship is required.
• Knowledge of LMCO and LM Space structure, programs, and command media is highly desirable.
• FBM customer familiarity.
• Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal skills and team building skills.
• Ability to negotiate subcontracts to closure and give detailed status of negotiations in process.
• Ability to manage many projects/tasks at one time
• Experience with procurement systems (SAP, P2P, ERP)
• Experience with unique or complex subcontract incentive structures.
• Demonstrated analytic skills to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
• Demonstrated a “can-do”, inclusive attitude and adaptability to a fast paced environment; demonstrated inclusive behavior, remain open to ideas, and listen to ensure mutual understanding; demonstrated ability to share knowledge, standard methodologies, and information freely among all team members and reciprocally develop solutions with team.
• Possess a DoD Secret security clearance or higher.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a high performance high team environment; standout colleague.
• Well organized, excellent communicator and team builder
• Ability to close complex negotiations and increase value to organization
• Able to work closely with suppliers and subordinates and have the ability to work with all levels of management and present data proficiently to executive leadership.
• Above average computer skills to develop presentations, ability to handle complex situations effectively and efficiently, multitask and prioritize work scope.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Purchasing/Procurement/Supply Chain
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2