Software Quality Engineer
Job ID: 475008BR
Date posted: Mar. 15, 2019
Program: Canyon, P850
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
We are seeking energized individuals who are passionate about building the space technologies of tomorrow. We are going to Mars and beyond! Will you join us in the journey?
Lockheed Martin Space has an opportunity for a Sr Software Quality Engineer (SWQE) at our Littleton, CO Facility in Deer Creek or Waterton supporting the Mission Solutions Group.
As the SWQE you will have an array of responsibilities:
o Perform reviews and inspections of program artifacts/deliverables and associated activities to assure quality requirements processes and standards are met.
o Analyze measurement data to ensure quantitative measurement effectiveness and to eradicate defects.
o Plan, manage and perform process and product evaluations (audits)
o Monitor the product development including requirements allocation, architecture, design, development, integration, test and acceptance of products and solutions.
o Drive and manage process improvement.
o Perform appraisals on parts requests to determine inspection methods for parts and subassemblies
Benefits of Employment
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., math, physics, chemistry, etc.).
• Experience in a SW/HW development environment and/or production around SW/ HW
• Top Secret security clearance and US Citizenship required
• Experienced with peer reviews of software, systems or documents
• Program Process auditing; Process and performance measurement: developing, collecting and analyzing metrics
• Knowledge of lean six sigma and Certified Lean Six-Sigma Green Belt or higher
• Knowledge of Clearquest, the Inspection Tracking Tool (ITT) or a defect tracking tool
• Knowledge of supplier quality techniques for verifying product entering the supply chain and the subcontractor quality management system
• Knowledge of basic electrostatic discharge sensitivity (ESDS) protection and equipment calibration
• Understanding of external quality standards such as ISO9001/AS9100
• Software development/quality experience
• Experience with Agile principles
• Apollo Root Cause Analysis (ARCA) training or equivalent.
• Proficient with ISO9001/AS9100.
• Formal auditor training
• Formal metrics training
•Hardware Quality experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: QA/Test and Inspection
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2