Senior Project Engineer
Job ID: 474487BR
Date posted: Mar. 15, 2019
Description:Our world is a dynamic place, more so today than ever before. Come join us on Special Programs as we partner with the U.S. intelligence community to navigate the ever-changing global landscape. If you love all things space and get excited about the prospect of building premiere spacecraft for our customers, then Special Programs is the place for you to make a difference. Do what matters.
- This is a position within the Ground Element Delivery Management team.
- This position supports new cloud business and Echelon 2 maintenance for an Operations and Maintenance (O&M) program for Ground Element software and other software elements in a complex multi-dependency environment.
- This position will coordinate with other Delivery Managers to create updates to existing processes and procedures designed to ensure proper installation of the Ground Hardware and Software products across multiple platforms and environments to include a new cloud implementation.
- Support the cloud implementation of a very large SW / HW baseline into the Operational system
- This position may also expand as a Delivery Manager responsible for directing and managing software and hardware releases to operational locations and tracking through full life cycles.
- This position will help manage dependencies across other projects and coordinate with multiple other organizations.
- Your responsibilities include tracking status and briefing to management and customers.
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
Lockheed Martin Space Systems offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three days weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin Space Systems.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to adjust to a variety of audiences
- Effective problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Project or similar tools
- E2/Ground Element program experience or several years’ experience on a large software program
- Familiarity with Agile and Waterfall software lifecycles
- Experience with complex program planning environments where a multitude of resources are all contributing to the final product
- Systems Engineering background for thorough understanding of interdependencies and entry/exit criteria for various stakeholders and priorities
- Scripting experience for tool support (e.g. Perl or similar)
- Prior cloud implementation experience a plus
- Operational environment background
- Security approval processes for delivering SW and HW products
- familiarity with containerized applications such as puppet and/or docker for our cloud implementation
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Software Engineering
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2