Electronics Engineer, Senior, Mid-Career
Job ID: 469246BR
Date posted: Mar. 15, 2019
City: Cape Canaveral
Description:Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company at Cape Canaveral, FL?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that encourages employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you interested in joining us as a Electronics Engineer, Senior? Are you prepared to take you career to new heights?
Join the Lockheed Martin team in support of the US Navy's Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Program. For over 60 years, the FBM team has supported the Navy’s mission to provide affordable and credible strategic deterrence. Together, we will help keep this nation and our allies secure.
You will support FBM Support Equipment Products in the design and development of electronic Automated Test Equipment. You will work within a team of hardware and/or software design Engineers who perform analysis, design, development, verification, configuration management and test of deliverable hardware products.
IN THIS ROLE:
• You will investigate and resolve issues with the hardware and/or software associated with Automated Test Equipment used for missile subsystems and component test and qualification
• You will perform requirements analysis, design, material procurement, and implementation according to FBM and Lockheed Martin process and procedures to include test and integration and support to formal test / delivery of the product
• You will interact, plan, and coordinate between Support Equipment Products Engineering and the production facility where this equipment is located and the personnel who operate and manage it.
• You will directly engage with the Support Equipment Products management team and FBM Program leadership in the coordination and prioritization of product development/implementation tasks.
• You will ensure formal product development is performed to support key program events such as requirements reviews (SRR), preliminary design (PDR), critical design (CDR), development testing, Software Qualification Testing (SQT), production package testing, system performance evaluations and formal delivery/government accreditation.
• You will maintain team focus and cohesiveness in work environment where personnel, equipment, customers and management are geographically distributed between multiple states.
• You will promote effective communication with counterparts in other program IPTs as well as US government customers
• You will prepare and present complex technical material to upper management and customer
• You will perform validation of software and test hardware, participate in technical reviews/audits, perform documentation changes and maintenance in accordance with established engineering procedures.
• Travel may be required.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with Computer Science or Computer Engineering studies
• At least 3 years of experience working with or developing Automated Test Equipment (ATE).
• You will need to obtain a Secret clearance, thus US Citizenship is required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with design/development of analog and digital hardware used in support of Factory Acceptance Test of FBM Trident II D5/LE Missile System, Missile Packages
• Experience in development of software in JAVA, C, or C++
• Experience with IBM Rational Clearcase, Tortoise SVN, or equivalent software configuration management tools
• Experience with TestStand/LabVIEW/Lab Windows CVI programming
• Experience with Test and Measurement Equipment. Experience with Mentor Graphics, ORCAD, and/or Zuken.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Electronics Engineering
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2