Human Capital Data Analyst
Job ID: 475630BR
Date posted: Mar. 15, 2019
Description:Workforce Solutions & Intelligence – Global Strategic Workforce Planning, Intelligence, Analytics and HRIS is actively seeking Human Capital Analyst (HCA) professionals who like to extract, reconcile, analyze, and communicate data in a business context. If this is something that sounds interesting and challenging to you, this is the right opportunity for you!
The successful candidate will report to the Manager, Enterprise Wide Reporting for Lockheed Martin. The team is responsible for providing HR reporting and data analysis to HR professionals and business leaders, interfacing with a broader group of Business Area teams on reporting and HR systems. This position will be focused on HR data reporting, visualizations and decision support.
You will work directly with HR functional organizations to understand human capital needs. You will determine what data is relevant, pulling data out of complex databases and integrating disparate data sources.
In this position, the selected candidate will:
• Participate in the definition and design of human capital analytic solutions to support stakeholder requirements and desired business outcomes
• Support the build of visualizations or reports that connect data to information that end-users can successfully use to obtain insights and act
• Improve established reporting tools by studying current practices and designing modifications
• Maintain user confidence and protecting operations by keeping information confidential
• Understand and communicate operational impacts of system changes
• Demonstrate inclusion and engagement with the team to achieve results
• Maintain on-going communications and strong working relationships with Human Resource colleagues, including HR Business Partners, Labor Relations, Compensation, Global Diversity and Inclusion, and Talent Acquisition.
• Utilize software tools/Solutions (e.g. SQL, WebFocus/FOCUS, R, Python, Tableau, Alteryx, Sharepoint, PeopleSoft, Brassring) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Access) as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned to support the organization objectives
The position requires the ability to extract data from a data warehouse using a GUI front end tool and also a SQL-like tool. In addition, extracted data must be formatted into organized easy to follow reports and visualizations to help paint a picture for the client, making the data easily understandable. With ever increasing demands for data to influence and drive workforce decisions, expect a fast pace with requests ranging from simple to highly complex. The team members work as independent client consultants and together as a team to address new requests and challenges every day.
The ideal candidate will have coding experience and the desire to continue to learn software and programming languages; the ability to translate functional “speak” into technical requirements; and be able to identify solutions that support the needs of our clients. The selected candidate will work with and develop SQL, Tableau, Python, or R or similar languages.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline (e.g. Information Systems, Data Analytics/Science, Statistics, Human Resources, Business) , or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Masters degree. Considered experienced, but still a learner.
• Experience extracting data from a source database
• Ability to collect, compile and analyze data
• Experience creating custom visualizations
• Ability to communicate extracted data in a non-technical way
• Strong Excel skills
• Experience providing accurate data and calculations, with unfailing attention to detail
• Experience working with relational databases
• Focused attention to process improvement and efficiency
• Ability to adjust to changing demands; must be able to adjust priorities, working on both urgent requests and longer term projects
• Ability to work across organizations, geographies, levels and cultural sensitivities
• Ability to develop and maintain positive professional relationship
• Experience working in HR
• Familiarity with Oracle PeopleSoft HRMS, BrassRing or other HR Systems
• Ability to create and deliver highly valid analytics
• Familiar with best practices designing user-friendly, intuitive, interactive data visualizations
• Reporting capability with experience extracting data from a centralized data source and integration with disparate data sources
• Coding experience: SQL, WebFOCUS/FOCUS, Tableau, MS Access, Sharepoint, R, or Python
• Experience translating requirements/requests from a functional, non-technical client into logical, database specific requirements
• Experience working with / across multiple data sources to provide data solutions to business requirements
• Strong communication and documentation skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS2100 ENTERPRISE BUSINESS SERVICES
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Human Resources
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day