Maintenance Production Controller, Early Career
Job ID: 474664BR
Date posted: Mar. 15, 2019
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet...or any other...are with Lockheed Martin Space!
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing women and men are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture urges employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Lockheed Martin's Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) program in Silverdale, WA has an excellent opportunity for a Production Controller. You will report to the manager of Maintenance Operations and oversee the coordination of all assembly, inspection and test activities for sub-assemblies and end items on a project-by-project basis for mechanical handling equipment (MHE), support equipment (SE), wired units, indicators, and test equipment products.
You will participates in the generation of the monthly production build plan and issues the plan to the assembly, inspection and test areas. A review against these plans and schedules is conducted at regular intervals. This section must keep assembly status/progress records of sub-assembly and end item project kits updated continuously during the movement of these materials between the various functional areas.
You will prioritize schedules to support end-item build plans and daily reviews operations sheets revision controls for those kits in process.
You will train in the duties and responsibilities of production control, planning and scheduling in the Maintenance Operations Group. Duties and responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Oversee the receipt and movement of released project kits to all necessary production, inspection, and test areas as sub-assemblies or end items are manufactured.
• Provide inputs to shipment schedules, plans and forecasts as knowledge of production status develops.
• Identify any bottlenecks in the production flow and ensure that necessary labor, material, or support is applied to relieve the bottleneck.
• Monitor the status of equipment and close service forms upon completion using Item Maintenance Assistance Program (IMAP).
• Coordinate, monitor and track Industrial Support Requirements Plan (ISRP) tasked items to ensure timely completion.
• Process request forms for parts, consumable and hazardous material ordering.
• Utilizing the Automated Move Ordering System (AMOS) record support equipment that is moved back and forth to production buildings
• With instruction, learn to develop production plans and schedules.
The work schedule for this role is 6 am - 3:30 pm.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combined education/work experience in a maintenance or operations type environment
• Computer experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Project
• Must be a United States Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain Secret clearance. Interim Secret clearance required prior to start. Cannot be a dual citizen.
• Planning or Manufacturing Scheduling experience
• Experience with database management such as: Item Maintenance Assistance Program (IMAP)
• Strong aptitude for and demonstrated skill in planning, scheduling, or project management
• Well organized and detail oriented
• Possess strong analytical skills
• Efficient time management skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Manufacturing
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2