The Airborne Solutions (AS) program area of Raytheon Intelligence and Information Systems (IIS) has an opportunity for a contracts professional to join its team at the Indianapolis, Indiana location as a Contracts Negotiator supporting multiple U.S. Government and prime customers. The successful candidate will be responsible for management of various types of contracts/task orders, reviewing terms and conditions, processing change order requests and performing Contract Risk Analysis covering any significant or unusual financial, technical or schedule risks. The Contracts Negotiator will serve as the single point of contact with the customer and with Raytheon functional leads for all contractual matters.
The individual in this role will be responsible for participation in analysis of Request for Proposals (RFP), proposal reviews and coordination, contract negotiation, contract administration, and other business agreements and contracts with the U.S. Government and commercial companies. Additionally, responsibilities will include working closely with Program Managers and other program functions to construct, submit and negotiate pricing proposals, provide support to senior management regarding contractual and business issues, ensure that negotiated terms and conditions comply with company policies, and advise management of contractual rights and obligations and mitigation of contractual/program risks.
• Four or more years of experience in contract administration
• A proven track record of success in contracting with an intimate understanding of terms and conditions
• Ability to understand the financial aspects of contracts and other business arrangements as well as the ability to contribute to negotiation strategies
• Effective communicator both orally and in writing with strong analytical skills and interpersonal skills
• Ability to lead and work within a team and to foster teamwork and trust
• Capable of multi-tasking and handling several assignments
• Focus on responsiveness with strong time management and organizational skills
• Knowledge of FAR, DFARS, ITAR, TINA requirements
• Ability to research compliance issues, applicable regulations and laws, and formulate recommendations to management.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently and with minimal oversight.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office® suite (primarily Word and Excel)
• Professional experience in contracts, with an emphasis on USG DoD sole source and competitive contracts
• Understanding of regulatory policies to include: US Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the Department of Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS)
• Demonstrated ability to develop effective and sustaining relationships with customers
• Ability to adapt to changing environments/situations
• Project management experience or skills
Required Education (including Major):
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Law, Finance, English or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience (Bachelor Degree = 8 years of additional applicable experience).
• JD or MBA a plus
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.