What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. Raytheon gains inspiration from a noble mission, shared by Raytheon employees around the globe, while providing an inclusive culture empowering employees and celebrating their contributions.
The Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) Engineering Quality (EQ) organization enables engineering quality solutions, capabilities and services to the business. Most important is collaboration with our functional partners and customers (internal and external) to execute and solve problems quickly and efficiently. EQ embeds itself throughout the Engineering lifecycle to prevent defects from reaching the warfighter and to ensure flawless program execution to meet quality, cost, schedule and technical objectives.
We have an immediate need for a Section Manager for the Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) Quality Engineering Section located in Tewksbury, MA. The IAMD Section is responsible to partner with Engineering to ensure work products are free from defects throughout the engineering lifecycle. As a Front Line Leader (FLL), you are an important member of the Engineering Quality Leadership Team. The section manager provides technical oversight and direction to employees in support of their work assignment, as required.
As a Quality Engineer you will be the Mission Assurance interface and will drive overall quality performance including continuous improvement and implementation of lean methodologies. You will help to ensure programs meet customer objectives for Mission Assurance, working closely with other Cross Business Teams (CBTs), to affect rapid closure of issues utilizing analytical capabilities and communication skills.
- Develop, manage and lead a group of quality engineers
- Ensure each employee has suitable work assignments and opportunities for growth and advancement
- Execute company policies and employee management programs such as the annual performance development program
- Assess Engineering work products (Peer Reviews, Configuration Control Boards, Code Reviews, Product Readiness and Sale, etc.) to identify and eliminate in-phase defects
- Perform project data analysis to drive root cause and correction action
- Participate in test preparation and execution to ensure requirements are verified
- Review Risk and Opportunity data to lead projects to eliminate risks and/or realize opportunities
- Investigate failures, participate in failure review boards, support failure investigation teams and drive root cause analysis
- Drive continuous improvement
- Drive implementation of Design Standards and Design for Manufacturability
- Drive implementation of Key Product Characteristics into TDP generation and release process
- Minimum of 10 years Hardware (HW), Software (SW) or Systems Engineering (Sys) experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Mathematics
- Ability to obtain Department of Defense Secret Clearance
What We Offer: Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
- Experience in Front Line Leadership
- Minimum of 15 years HW/SW/Sys Engineering experience
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- Production support of an active product line and/or Transitioned designs to production
- Domain knowledge in RF, Power, Signal Processing or Electronic Systems
- Domain knowledge in Electronic Packaging
- Experience leading PFMEA/DFMA/DFSS activities
- Domain knowledge in SW Coding and/or Testing
- Domain knowledge in Agile, Code Analysis and/or Test Automation techniques
- Demonstrated Applied Critical Thinking Skills
- Ability to influence without authority, experience with cross functional teams
- Experience in multiple phases of the program / product life cycle
- Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action expertise
- Existing Secret Clearance
- Ability to prioritize work load in a multi-tasking, resource constrained work environment
- Minimum of 5 years Quality Engineering experience
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certification, R6s Expert or Six Sigma Black Belt
- Raytheon Six Sigma Principal Specialist or Expert
- Mission Assurance Certification SW, HW or Mission Assurance Lead Level 3
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience presenting to leadership & negotiation skills
Raytheon: “Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."- Thomas A. KennedyRaytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.