KBR has been awarded a support contract by the UK Ministry of Defence (UK MOD). Under the terms of the contract, which will run until 2022 (with options out until 2025), KBR will provide communications network support and deliver training services in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a significant long-term project and expands our portfolio of work with the UK MOD in the Middle East.
Under the contract, KBR is seeking to recruit staff to deliver:
- Support in delivering IP Telephony at multiple sites, host applications such as Network Management System, Cable Management System and incident management software.
- Operation of Service Desks in a number of regions.
- Support to maintain operational capability of Fixed & Deployable equipment/capabilities.
- Design & deliver a new Management Information System
- Technical & English Language Training in a number of regional locations.
- Built Estate maintenance and upkeep.
The Assistant Change Manager will work within the Project Management Office assisting the Change Manager (Fixed and Deployable) and the Change Manager (Facilities Management). The primary task is to assist with preparing changes for approval and manage the implementation of the Change Management Process.
The Assistant Change Manager shall assist the Change Manager in implementing a consistent approach to the management of Change across the contract which will comply with the overall programme approach implemented by the Authority, in accordance with the Change Control Procedure.
The role will interface with:
- The Change Manager, and through that position with:
- KBR Commercial manager and his team.
- Chief Technical Officer
- Service Operations team.
- Assist with monitoring programme and project progress, risks and responses, and identifying potential change requests, in concert with the Risk Manager and the relevant programme delivery staff.
- Assist with receiving, coordinating and managing through to completion change requests.
- Assist with preparing the necessary papers and change requests, including option assessments and recommendations for Change Control to be reviewed by the Governance Boards.
- Assist with co-ordinating the technical and cost Impact Assessments.
- Assist with evaluating changes, assessing impact and collating advice from across the Programme / contract.
- Assist with maintaining all information associated with Changes within the Service Management tools.
- Assist with managing all aspects of implementation of Changes to the live network.
- Assist with ensuring that the outcome of each change is reflected in the schedule, risk register and cost plans as required.
Experience and Skills:
- Proven record of implementation of Change Management practices on projects.
- Experience in preparation, dissemination and training out of the change process.
- In depth knowledge of change control methods and tools.
- Analytical background with skills in problem identification and resolution.
- Confidence to communicate with people at different levels in the business.
- Able to successfully manage time, plans, projects and other related tasks.
- Ability to work with remote and distributed teams from a variety of backgrounds and differing skillsets.
- Experience of working in a Comms Systems/Service Management environment.
- Experience of working in a secure environment.
- Engineering Degree or similar
- a minimum of 5 years relevant change management and project controls experience.
- Preference for certification as a Practitioner in a recognised PM methodologies, APM or Prince2.
- Have or be able to obtain necessary security clearance.
Job: Real Estate Services
Primary Location: Saudi Arabia
Req ID: 1079884