General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph is required for this position.
We are seeking highly motivated engineers with a thirst for learning, in support a geographically dispersed, state of the art systems, that seamlessly integrate Linux and Microsoft services. Positions will provide engineering support to multiple WAN connected sites, with data flows crossing various controlled interfaces, and will follow specific IT project management and engineering lifecycle processes. Engineers will be responsible for supporting their solutions throughout the IT project lifecycle, to include refining requirements, creating design documentation, creating installation instructions and deployment plans, and providing O&M support. Project assignments will vary based on skill level, and may include engineering geographically dispersed services, integrating services into public, private and hybrid cloud environments, engineering solutions to be deployed via automated CM tools, and hardening the solutions to address security and SCAP compliance.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
4. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves operating/hardware system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
8+ years of related systems engineering experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.