General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
District of Columbia
General Dynamics has an opening for an Avaya/Nortel Voice Help Desk Specialist to program Avaya and Nortel PBX systems/station basic configurations in Communications Manager 3.0-7.0, Aura Messaging, Option 81-11, CS1K, AS5300, and SL-100 switches. Manager. The candidate will program phone sets (digital, IP and analog), perform Moves, Additions, Changes (MACs), program digital, IP & analog station system configuration, changes, additions or deletions, add or remove telephones, program requested feature changes, provide voicemail support, program mailbox configurations (Aura Messaging 7 IA770 Messaging), complete password resets, program feature changes, add or delete user mailboxes, add or delete distribution lists, provide break/fix services on telephones, replace telephones, troubleshoot and resolve phone-/data-cabling issues, knowledge of station cabling and jacks, assist in identification and resolution of other vendor line/circuit problems, reaching a solution, troubleshoot issues related to lines/trunks, coordinate and act as focal point for problem resolution involving service provider.
1. Answer incoming customer calls and emails: Identifies, researches, and resolves technical support issues.
2. Applies basic diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
3. Provide troubleshooting and support.
4. Performs escalation procedures.
5. Properly assigns incident and service request tickets priority using impact and urgency and product categorization classification.
6. Perform password resets on applicable systems.
7. Provides phone and help-desk support for all users.
8. Collect information from callers and ensure that tickets are promptly and accurately documented in Remedy.
9. Utilize the Remedy Knowledgebase to guide callers through resolution of reported issues.
10. Create and/or mature knowledge management articles in support of incident resolution
11. Properly assign tickets not resolved by the Service Desk to the appropriate support organizations (escalation).
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
14. Experience using computer management tools to provide remote support and to facilitate completion of all requests.
15. Develop and implement SOPs in accordance with customer standards.
1. Create, understand and execute approved escalation procedures
2. Ability to react to dynamic industry and rapid changes in information technology
3. Ability to maintain customer focus in the midst of difficult circumstances (Provides a high level of professionalism and customer service in all dealings with customers)
4. Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
5. Follows escalation procedures when Incidents require escalation to the next level of support
6. Experience working in an ITIL process-oriented workflow environment
7. Experience working with multi-tiered ticket handling/resolution systems
8. Professional verbal and written communication skills required
9. Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple deadlines
10. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
11. Experience with Windows and non-Windows server configuration, administration, and monitoring
12. Ability to understand and utilize event monitoring and displays of dashboards with system status to support Tier 2 incidents
13. Ability to support critical outage events; stand up of conference bridges and act as a key POC with various stakeholders to resolve issues quickly
14. Ability to develop SME experience on one or more systems or applications acting as a "go to" person for other Service Desk Specialists
15. Contribute to Knowledge Management
8-10 years of related telecommunications experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer troubleshooting and support.
2. Experience using Remedy.
3. Experience working with multi-tiered ticket handling/resolution systems
4. Monitor, maintain and administer the health of the corporate wide network infrastructure
5. Maintain and administer network infrastructure standards, documentation and fault tolerance
6. Monitoring, managing, and troubleshooting Cisco, Juniper, and Nortel devices (AS5300,CS2100, VOIP, Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, etc.)
7. Monitor and troubleshooting Call Center System (ACD)
8. Proficient in administering VoIP
9. Document logical and physical network design changes
10. Switching protocols Spanning Tree, VTP, port grouping
11. Layer networking (MPLS, etc)
12. Follow ITIL-based process and procedures and escalate for technical assistance
13. Advise and make recommendations to management concerning infrastructure and related LAN issues
14. Validate and coordinate all scheduled maintenance
15. Understand client's operational and sustainment methodologies and processes
16. Gain familiarity with the client's current voice enterprise infrastructure
17. Present Monitoring/Test Results and Reports
18. Perform/support Voice Enterprise Services integration testing as required
Ability to obtain/retain an FAA PIV badge (MANDATORY).
Selected applicant must be able to proficiently read, write and speak English.
FAVES Citizenship Requirements:
3.14-3 Foreign Nationals as Contractor Employees (April 2008)
(a) Each contractor or subcontractor employee under this contract having access to FAA facilities, sensitive information, or resources must be a citizen of the United States of America, or an alien who has been lawfully admitted for permanent residence as evidenced by Alien Registration Receipt Card Form I-151, or who presents other evidence from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service that employment must not affect his/her immigration status.
(b) Aliens and foreign nationals proposed under this contract must meet the following conditions in accordance with FAA Order 1600.72A, chapter 5, paragraph 7 & 8:
(1) Must have resided within the United States for three (3) of the last five (5) years unless a waiver of this requirement is requested and approved in accordance with the requirements stated in FAA Order 1600.72A, chapter 5, paragraph 9;
(2) A risk or sensitivity level designation can be made for the position; and
(3) The appropriate security-related background investigation/inquiry can be adequately conducted. (c) Interim suitability requirements may not be applied unless the position is low/moderate in risk, and/or temporary, and/or is not in a critical area position.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.