Composite Metal Bonding
Job ID: 477284BR
Date posted: Apr. 08, 2019
Description:Applies basic and some advanced technical skills and knowledge to evaluate, fabricate, rework and repair metallic or non-metallic bonded rotor blades.
• Performs bonding of metallic or non-metallic materials to fabricate parts and/or for repair applications using products and processes which are varied but generally not complex in scope. The level of work performed requires some skill and experience.
• Complies with written wok instructions as well as standard procedures and processes to perform tasks.
• Must read and interpret, drawings, manuals, specifications sketches, job orders, planning documents and engineering drawings.
• Determines equipment requirements and the method and sequences of operation to be followed in fabrication of parts using materials such as graphite, fiberglass, plastic, boron, flock, at, epoxy resins, rubber and like materials.
• Plans, lays out, fabricates and builds adhesive bonded assemblies of metallic and non-metallic composite materials.
• Fabricates composite and metal parts into subassemblies for the purpose of pre-fitting in preparation for bonding or curing in presses, ovens, and autoclaves.
• Lays out, pre-fits, assembles and performs lay-up on a variety of metal to metal and composite bonded assemblies.
• Fits core in where close tolerances are required for installation of details for completion of assembly.
• Performs vacuum bagging.
• Lays out and marks dimensions and references lines on material to develop and trace patterns of product or parts, or uses templates.
• Selects tooling and materials compatible with the processing techniques identified in the work instructions.
• The individual is required to be a supportive member of Environmental Safety & Health (ES&H) and Quality System policies to provide a safe work place and eliminate conditions and behaviors which may cause work related illnesses and/or injuries while delivering quality product and services on time.
• Ability to follow written and oral instructions
• Ability to read and interpret instructions from OEM drawings
• Knowledge and experience with lean and continuous improvement philosophies and methodologies preferred.
• Good communication skills, both written and oral. Team player skills required to establish and sustain a lean culture.
• Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel) preferred.
• Must be able to lift 25lbs on a regular basis using proper lifting techniques
• Must be able to bend, stoop, stand and/or sit for extended periods
• Must be willing to work any shift
This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and the employee may be required to perform duties outside of this as operationally required.
Candidate must successfully complete FAA drug screening test and have no violations of FAA agency regulations documented in the records of drug and alcohol testing carried out by previous employers during the previous two years. This position is a safety sensitive position covered under FAA, subject to ongoing random drug and alcohol screening program. This includes being tested for Marijuana, Cocaine, PCP, Opiates & Amphetamines or a metabolite of these drugs.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Must have 1+ year related experience, or related technical school/training (i.e., A&P school, composite/metal bonding)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Manufacturing
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)