This Senior Systems Engineer I will be responsible for providing reliability and maintainability engineering services to the F-15 avionics community. As a Subject Matter expert located at Robins AFB GA, the engineer will serve as a consultant to both USAF and Raytheon leadership to resolve complex obsolescence issues. Such resolutions may be through the identification and evaluation of a substitute part from a vendor that is approved for use in other systems, identification and evaluation of a new part from a vendor that is not approved for use in any other systems, initiating a redesign of the existing part, or identification of an alternative means of support. The engineer will also be responsible for the review and development of standards, specifications, test procedures, and qualification requirements.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in logistics support of intermediate level or depot level avionics repair programs.
- Experience with parts obsolescence mitigation support. Familiarity with engineering requirements, MIL-STDs and Handbooks.
- Familiar with parts management and supply chain management (SCM) systems
- Ability to perform technical research and communicate findings/recommendations in both written and verbal form to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work offsite and interface directly with the customer.
- Able to work with others in a multi-tasking, interrupt driven environment.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Clearance req’d day 1 AND role requires access to US only data
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Familiarity with the USAF/DoD engineering requirements, Operational Safety, Suitability & Effectiveness (OSS&E) requirements and military Technical Order (TO) system.
- Able to determine first article requirements and perform Life-of-Type (LOT) analysis, and make projected LOT buy recommendations to provide continued support of the F15 avionics for its anticipated lifespan.
- Familiar with fundamentals of component manufacturing processes and qualification testing. Able to support the development of new qualification testing requirements.
- Able to understand, interpret, and execute modifications of existing original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and USAF drawings, specifications, processes, and requirements, and to develop new drawings, specifications, processes and requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)Desired Education:
Bachelors or Master’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.