Are you interested in solving real-world problems? Are you interested in playing a significant role in our nation’s security? Do you enjoy working in a culture that emphasizes innovation, teamwork, and technical excellence in a collegial work environment that values creativity and initiative? If so, we'd like to hear from you.
Who we are
For more than 70 years, scientists and engineers in diverse disciplines at Raytheon BBN Technologies have collaborated to solve real-world problems through research, exploration, development and prototyping. We partner with the best technical talent in academia and industry to challenge the status quo, pioneer new technologies, and create transformative solutions.
We are seeking a Sr. Computer Engineer to support our Physical Sciences & Systems group in Newport, RI. If you are someone who is energized by new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking then Raytheon BBN Technologies is the place for you.
What you will do
• Develop, integrate, and test custom HW and SW with customer assets
• Develop driver software in C for support of customer HW designs
• Develop embedded high efficiency middleware software for multi-processing based systems
What you will gain
• Involvement in the technical components of solving our customer’s most complex problems
• Work with world class researchers and engineers who embrace innovation and challenge the status quo
• Be part of a team that plays a significant role in the security of our nation
• Opportunity to leverage your analytical and troubleshooting skills
What you need
• Active DoD Secret Clearance
• BS in Computer Engineering, or relevant discipline and 4 years of experience or MS grad with degree and 2 years of experience
• Experience developing software for embedded systems
Additional Skills that would be AWESOME
• Advanced degree and at least 6 years of direct experience
• Previous experience in design, implementation, debug, and test a plus
• Previous experience in FPGA-based applications a plus
• Previous experience in computer security protocols a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Our team members are passionate about growth, innovation and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves so that we can better support our clients. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, Come Join Our Team! We offer outstanding benefits that include a 5% 401k company match, a 5% Retirement Contribution plan, performance based incentives, paid parental leave, paid time off, flexible work schedules and all kinds of employee discounts.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.