What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
The IDS Mission Assurance organization is seeking an experienced senior manager to lead a group of Quality Program Leads (QPL) in support of the IAMD Business Area. Responsibility is in support of Gulf Coast Countries (GCC) customers to include Kuwait, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and OMAN. This person will lead all Mission Assurance related efforts in support of IDS Products including Patriot, NASAMs, and HAWK. This position supports Sr Program Directors for the IAMD business area and reports to the IAMD Mission Assurance Director. This person has direct supervisor responsibility for up to 10 reports – some of which may be in GCC countries. This person also has indirect influence and accessibility to resources of all the IDS Mission Assurance functional arms of Quality – Engineering, Supplier, Operations, and Compliance.
The location for this position will be at IDS in Andover/Tewksbury, Massachusetts.
This position requires the ability to obtain an U.S. Security Clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.Basic Qualifications:
- Execute and manage all Mission Assurance aspects of the Patriot, NASAMS, and HAWK Products including all design, procurement, manufacturing, and sustainment activities.
- Oversight and responsibility of $50M+ of Mission Assurance budgets using Earned Value Management tools, process, and discipline.
- Risk and Opportunity development and management to mitigate and capture in support of Program Budget and EAC targets.
- Provide support and leadership to key milestone activities in achieving customer contractual requirements and business financial commitments especially as it pertains to overcoming obstacles while remaining compliant to internal procedures and our customer contracts.
- Effective interface with external customers – including the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA); Lower Tier Program Office (LTPO), and Foreign Governments and Services associated with our Direct Commercial Sales customers.
- Ensuring implementation of an effective and compliant Quality Management System for responsible Programs and OCONUS Sites ( ex – configuration upgrades locations , depots).
- Lead and develop group of Quality Program Leads across the globe and multiple time zones.
- Initiate and execute Continuous Process Improvement efforts in support of capturing savings or mitigating risk as it pertains to the Cost of Poor Quality.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Ability to obtain Secret US Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) or related field
- 12+ years of Quality, Manufacturing, or Engineering experience.
- Previous Department of Defense (DoD) or Aerospace industry experience
- Previous direct supervisory experience
- Executive level presentation and communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Proven track record to lead and influence without direct authority.
- Experience building and maintaining effective business relationships with customers: DCMA / LTPO / DoD / DCS International Foreign Defense Services.
- Quality planning experience across the entire product life cycle including design, supplier development, transfer to production, production, and sustainment.
- Exceptional leadership skills – ability to attract, develop, and retain top talent.
- Proven Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action expertise
- Proven record of leading continuous process improvement of Business level problems.
- EVMS budget management expertise
- Demonstrated success using Six Sigma / LEAN
- Quality Assurance experience in production environment
- Good understanding and ability to effectively manage to requirements imposed by ISO 9001, AS9100, FAR, DFAR requirements
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
- Master’s Degree Preferred - MS or MBA
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment across multiple time zones and regions of the world.
- Level 3 Mission Assurance Certification or equivalent.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.