Posting Title: Cyber Security Software Engineer
Do you have a passion of making software secure from intruders?
Interested in joining a dynamic, inclusive, and growing group of Cyber Security engineers?
This is your opportunity to join the Patriot Fielded Systems and Validation Software Department in Tewksbury, Massachusetts as a Cyber Security Software Engineer.
As a Cyber Security Software Engineer, the candidate will be involved with software and firmware design, development, integration, and testing of real-time radar software. The candidate will be responsible for applying Cyber Security principles to the design and implementation of hardened Radar software applications. Our software applications are developed using Ada, C++ and Java programming languages on a variety of computing platforms running Linux or UNIX operating systems.
The candidate will apply the latest cyber technologies and be responsible for designing, implementing, debugging, and fixing problems with the Radar software applications. This position requires an understanding of real-time software design and the performance implications associated with specific cyber security implementations. The candidate will require the ability to understand how their efforts affect the “big picture” of the radar system and also be able to develop or review detail solutions at the source code level.
This position can be a Salary Grade G07 (Software Engineer II) or Salary Grade G08 (Senior Software Engineer) based on the candidate's qualifications relative to the skills, experience and requirements of the position.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. Citizens are eligible for a clearance.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in software engineering
- Experience working in a team environment developing software applications
- 1+ years working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Experience working on embedded systems
- 1 year of experience with C or C++
- Experience designing, implementing, testing, or fielding real-time security-oriented solutions on Department of Defense (DoD) programs (embedded experience highly preferred)
- Some exposure to cybersecurity standards, methods, and policies; risk and threat analysis; technical security safeguards; and operational security measures
- Experience using security-relevant tools and devices for security auditing, network security, host/server security, communication security, or policy management.
- Knowledge of Agile / DevOps techniques
- Knowledge of modern computer architectures and hardware technologies including:
- x86 architectures
- PCIe, GPIO, I2C, SATA
- Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs)
- Application-Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs)
- Knowledge of the Linux Device Driver model
- Radar domain knowledge
- Knowledge of DoD Exportability/Releasability Requirements
- Knowledge of Program Protection Plan (PPP) required by DoDI 5000.02 and DoDI 5200.39, including in-depth understanding of balancing risk across the System Security Engineering
- Experience with multi-level security
- Experience using software configuration management and bug tracking tools
Keywords: Cyber, Software Security, Linux/Unix, computer architecture;What’s YOUR Mission?Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math or related engineering/science discipline.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Software Engineering desired.
Raytheon: “Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."- Thomas A. KennedyRaytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.