Raytheon is currently seeking a Senior Systems Integration Technologist I to provide Linux system maintenance and Helpdesk support to maintain high priority operational systems at a high level of availability and resolve problems based on mission criticality and guidance. This position is staffed as an 8x5 position (with after hours call-in responsibility) which may require a modified work schedule.
Qualified applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI security clearance required.
Duties and responsibilities include:
· Performs Tier 2 application maintenance on assigned mission systems running a variety of operating systems to include Linux, and VMS.
· VMware administration responsible for configuration, maintenance, monitoring and overall support of multiple VMware environments
· Setup, install, configure ESXi and blade servers, maintain and restore VM backups and snapshots. Update system process documentation, guides, diagrams, and SOPs as needed.
· Performs routine and preventative maintenance such as general computer tasks, application loads, disk utilization, system loading and system monitoring
· Detects, isolates, documents, quickly reports, and resolves system outages or problems encountered during operations of the operational system baseline, which includes collecting diagnostic data, restoring the system operation, developing workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system
· Documents problems in logging and discrepancy reporting tools
· Collects data describing the environment at the time of the failure and performs other activities in support of Tier 3 maintenance provider DR investigation and resolution
· Performs system monitoring, analyzing and documenting performance and conducting trend analysis as required
· Supports system engineering groups as required for ongoing analysis and integration efforts
· Works with other Tier 2 maintenance engineers across multiple locations providing enterprise-level maintenance support, with customer visibility, into all Tier 2 maintainer actions and responses
· Provides oversight and guidance to entry/junior level system maintainers
- Must have a BS Degree in a related technical discipline and minimum of 4 years experience with software application maintenance on systems running a variety of operating systems to include, VMS and Linux OR possess 12 years of equivalent experience working with customer in technical operations in lieu of a degree
- Must have good communication skills to effectively and accurately exchange information across a multi-location enterprise, with customer visibility, into maintainer-based actions and responses
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Must have a current CompTia Security + certification or must obtain the certification within first 60 days of employment
- Must be available to work after hours on a call-in basis
· VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
· Redhat Linux certification
· Oracle 11g RAC database
· Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform
Required Education (including Major):
- Must have a BS Degree in a related technical discipline and minimum of 4 years experience with software application maintenance on systems running a variety of operating systems to include VMS and Linux OR possess 12 years of equivalent experience working with customer in technical operations in lieu of a degree
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.