Verification Test Analyst Engineer
Colorado Springs, CO
- As member of the Integration & Test (I&T) Functional Area of the Missile Defense National Team for Command and Control, Battle Management, and Communications (C2BMC) (aka C2BMC NT), this position will coordinate, develop and execute detailed test plans and procedures to test C2BMC interfaces design implementation in an integrated environment or to test specific capabilities for interfaces or infrastructure in support of operations (e.g., Internal Messaging, control and monitoring, message and display recording and playback, failover processing).
- Execute tests of interface communication paths and capacity performance; conduct post-test data analysis and reporting.
- Create test Discrepancy Reports to document issues and assist development with the investigation and resolution of issues.
- Coordinate and disseminate the weekly Lab Schedule including sending out the Daily Status Report (DSR) for the runs that were executed that day.
- Review and comment on testability issues, obvious design flaws, anticipate data collection points, coordinate development of plans for, and conduct of anomaly test and analysis as required.
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree (Mathematics, Science, Engineering, or Computer Science); Master’s Degree within these areas desirable. Certification Required: Security+ with 4 years of experience
Technical Skill Required:
- The ideal candidate should possess knowledge in the testing and evaluation of a software-intensive system in a variety of test environments/venues, utilizing agile development.
- Candidate knowledge should include: test methodologies; functional capability related test/analysis planning and execution; planning and execution of test data collection; and test data analysis and reporting.
- The analysis experience should involve characterizing system, software, or component performance using quantitative methods; reporting the characterization to subsequent users; and contributing to performance assessment by program system engineers.
- Understanding of DevOps and the available toolsets is required
- The candidate must possess the technical skills to evaluate software, algorithms and processes that enable the Command and Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) element of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS).
- Required Skills: The candidate should have knowledge and experience with verification testing.
The successful candidate will be required to analyze and validate the performance and validity of interfaces and supporting system software to specified system requirements. Agile development, automated testing framework (i.e. Gerkin), manipulation of large data sets, spreadsheet analysis, and associated tools; MATLAB, JAVA software or PYTHON scripting development, Perl, PL/SQL queries, conducting post-processing and quantitative/qualitative analysis of collected data, development of action plans based upon analysis of data, documenting software deficiency reports, and presenting analysis results and plans of action orally and/or in written format (e.g., slides, annotated slides, test report document). The candidate must possess strong verbal/written communications skills enabling him/her to work effectively in a small technical team environment, and to accurately represent test perspectives to C2BMC system architects, software designers, other testers and test support personnel, the Government customer, and personnel in other MDA programs.
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.