The SAS Advanced Manufacturing, Modernization, and Technology (AMMT) team is seeking an enthusiastic, innovative team member to manage the McKinney Automation Engineering team. This position will be responsible managing and executing automation projects within the SAS McKinney factory. The Operations Automation Section Manager will work for the AMMT Automation Manager, and will coordinate with local factory leadership, manufacturing engineering, supply chain, and front end of the business development (including roadmaps) to execute automation development and deployment and incorporate advanced Smart Factory/Industry 4.0 technologies. The position will be networked across SAS factories, which includes locations in El Segundo (CA), McKinney (TX), Forest (MS), Santa Barbara County (CA), and Largo (FL), in addition to operations and automation engineers from other Raytheon business units. The position will be located in McKinney, TX. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of automation deployment in a factory setting, including high mix, low volume production.
- Experience in automation development and deployment
- Manufacturing experience
- Experience in project management, as it relates to automation development and deployment, including MS Project schedule development, and financial measures/metrics.
- Team leadership experience including demonstrated mentoring experience
- Ability to work independently and pro-actively
- Experience setting priorities for a team working across numerous projects and customers
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact positively and collaboratively with others at all levels of the organization
- Ability and desire to provide career guidance, mentoring, performance review, and leadership to less senior engineers
- Demonstrated ability to develop business cases and Return on Investment analyses
- 8 years professional engineering experience in a manufacturing environment, with at least 4 years being directly related to automation and/or controls.
- Clearance req’d within 1st year AND role requires access to US only data
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Understanding of Lean principles and terminology and/or six sigma black belt or equivalent
- Familiarity with Industry 4.0 / Smart Factory concepts, Digital Manufacturing Simulation
- Understanding of SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) systems, MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems), ISA (International Society of Automation) 95 architectures.
- Experience with cyber and/or cyber-physical systems security protocols
- Experience with PLCs, MTConnect, and/or Transactional Automation (use of API, XML)
- Existing DoD Secret clearance or higher, and/or ability to obtain SSBI
- Experience or education in systems engineering and application to automation systems.
- BS in and Engineering field or the sciences
- MS in engineering or business related field (for example, systems engineering, manufacturing engineering, or industrial engineering, MBA, Business Management, Program Management)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.