Air Warfare Systems (AWS) Product Line has an immediate opening for a Finance Director for the portfolio of Strike Programs, comprising $1.7B of Sales in 2019. This portfolio consists of the Tomahawk, Stormbreaker, Paveway, JSOW, MALD, Griffin, HARM, and Maverick programs and has current customers spanning the globe in addition to the core DoD customer set. Contract types span from Direct Commercial to Fixed Price to Cost Type with a wide variety of terms, conditions, and financing arrangements which makes for a rich set of financial opportunities and challenges. This broad portfolio of programs has significant growth in the next few years consisting of production, various stages of development, and a plan to fold in new Missile Systems strategic captures.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be to drive business results through leadership on key program elements such as execution, new business capture, cost control, and developing a strong functional bench. The successful candidate will have a grasp of high-level issues to shape the business strategy as well as the ownership of the financial outcomes in near-term execution. The role will require partnering with Senior Product Line leadership to deliver on those strategies as well as closely mentoring and managing a group of Business Managers with varying levels of experience. Some of the other responsibilities include:
Required Skills/Experience:•Minimum 14 years related experience
- Identifying problems early and develop corrective action plans
- Identifying risks, opportunities and implementation plans
- Working with the Accounting and FP&A organization to provide analysis support
- Working with peer functions to deliver on programmatic and strategic outcomes
- Managing the organizational talent through management development plans and succession plans; partnering with other Finance leaders to identify and develop future leaders; drive rotations across finance to build bench strength across the organization.
- Being knowledgeable of program control responsibilities to include meeting internal requirements such as preparing EACs, monthly forecasts, Earned Value concepts & techniques, and financial direction.
- Supervise the Portfolio’s financial forecasting process (aligned with EAC/EV processes)
•A Bachelor's degree (BA, BS) or equivalent in business, finance, economics, or related field. MBA preferred
•Demonstrated experience effectively leading/managing/motivating/developing teams
•Demonstrated ability to provide strategic financial leadership for the program, including areas such as affordability, cost management, and program growth
•Experience preparing presentation packages for executive level review
•Ability to obtain DOD security clearance.Desired Skills/Experience:•Ideal candidate will be a seasoned financial executive w/ proven experience, preferably from defense industry. Must understand & be capable of working within a highly matrixed organization•Working knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) concepts, procedures and processes, including baseline planning and Integrated Baseline Review (IBR) preparation and execution
•Exceptional analytical ability necessary to ensure program performance to plan and to ensure that problem areas are immediately identified and corrective action is taken.
•Working knowledge of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) concepts, related systems, and processes
•Experience successfully managing multiple priorities
•Experience conducting business in a Direct Commercial Sales (DCS) environment
•Strong written and verbal skills
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.